Re: Google Chrome for a Cause

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Dec 18, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:15:04 -0500, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

    You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

    Meat Plow, Dec 18, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Mike Easter Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > Muse Gruppes wrote:
    >
    >> Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

    > You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

    I couldn't find a place where it said how much per click or rather how
    many clicks does it take to make a dollar or something.

    A thousand? A million? A billion?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 18, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:15:04 -0500, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    >> Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

    >You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

    You would need to install and use Chrome as well.

    Mike "I wouldn't be much help in that case" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Dec 18, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > I couldn't find a place where it said how much per click or rather how
    > many clicks does it take to make a dollar or something.
    >
    > A thousand? A million? A billion?

    <q> The Charitable Donation

    Google has set a maximum contribution of $1,000,000 associated with the
    Google Chrome for a Cause extension. You agree Google may change this
    maximum contribution at its sole discretion.

    Limit on tabs submitted

    Google Chrome for a Cause sets a daily maximum for the number of tabs
    you may submit, presently equal to 250 tabs per day. You are also
    limited to accruing one tab per second towards your daily maximum. You
    agree to abide by these limitations, and will not use multiple accounts,
    automated means or other methods to circumvent these limitations. </q>

    http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/12/15/chrome-for-a-cause-charity-donation/
    If you click on the button, you'll see details about how much difference
    you've already made -- for example, my current 17 tabs provide 0.7
    vaccinations, 1.7 books, 1.7 trees (isn't it funny that the numbers for
    books and trees are always identical?), 0.2 square feet of shelter
    built, and 0.1 person's drinking water.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 18, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    jzlau

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    google chrome extension

    i think this is such an innovative concept and its a great cause. i saw this diagram on breakmediagroup that said 14 million tabs would save over 200,000 tress!
    Heres the diagram link: http ://ow.ly/3xtQD
    jzlau, Jan 3, 2011