Re: Goodbye to Photo.Digital

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven M. Scharf, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. "Michael P Gabriel" < <mailto:>> wrote
    in message <news:>...
    > I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
    > photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
    > contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
    > subjects.
    >
    > If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
    > again sometime later.

    It is a good group, you just have to keep your filters up-to-date. Kill
    files tend to be ineffective, except of course for a few individuals like
    Preddy. You should filter on specific subject words. I have hundreds of
    words and phrases in my filters, including a lot of misspellings that are
    used to get around filters. Works great. I don't see hardly any of the stuff
    that you're referring to. I tend to only update my filters once a week or
    so, though some weeks it's every day.

    There will always be jerks on Usenet; they thrive on attention. Filters deny
    them that attention. For some reason, rec.photo.digital seems to attract an
    inordinate number of evil-doers.

    Steve
    Digital Camera Short List
    http://nordicgroup.us/digicam/

    Steven M. Scharf, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Steven M. Scharf

    Phil Guest

    "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > "Michael P Gabriel" < <mailto:>> wrote
    > in message <news:>...
    > > I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
    > > photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
    > > contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
    > > subjects.
    > >
    > > If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
    > > again sometime later.

    > It is a good group, you just have to keep your filters up-to-date. Kill
    > files tend to be ineffective, except of course for a few individuals like
    > Preddy. You should filter on specific subject words. I have hundreds of
    > words and phrases in my filters, including a lot of misspellings that are
    > used to get around filters. Works great. I don't see hardly any of the

    stuff
    > that you're referring to. I tend to only update my filters once a week or
    > so, though some weeks it's every day.
    >
    > There will always be jerks on Usenet; they thrive on attention. Filters

    deny
    > them that attention. For some reason, rec.photo.digital seems to attract

    an
    > inordinate number of evil-doers.
    >
    > Steve
    > Digital Camera Short List
    > http://nordicgroup.us/digicam/

    Wouldn't mind if you can provide a list of words phrases so I can sort out
    my filtering.

    Phil

    Phil, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Steven M. Scharf

    Bryce Guest

    I'd like to see it too!

    "Phil" <reply to group> wrote in message

    > "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > > "Michael P Gabriel" < <mailto:>>

    wrote

    Bryce, Apr 14, 2004