Re: Goodby Paul Harvey

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. Guest

    philo <> wrote:

    >One day back in 1968 when I was in college...my room mate turned on the
    >radio and said that he wanted to listen to Paul Harvery.

    I'd listen to his stuff, it wasn't news but a commentary so he could
    say whatever he wanted - I'd listen to it at lunch it was
    entertainment, not news as most thought.

    But that frigging "Rest of the story" he would take a 30 second of
    stuff and stretch it into 5 minutes of fluff.

    It was a Love / hate deal with me and that guy.

    --

    kinda hard to explain.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9365/4051.jpg

  2. G. Morgan Guest

    wrote:

    >I'd listen to his stuff, it wasn't news but a commentary so he could
    >say whatever he wanted - I'd listen to it at lunch it was
    >entertainment, not news as most thought.
    >
    >But that frigging "Rest of the story" he would take a 30 second of
    >stuff and stretch it into 5 minutes of fluff.
    >
    >It was a Love / hate deal with me and that guy.

    Have you heard his son? He has a radio show and imitates his dad's voice,
    it's irritating.
    G. Morgan, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >

    >>I'd listen to his stuff, it wasn't news but a commentary so he could
    >>say whatever he wanted - I'd listen to it at lunch it was
    >>entertainment, not news as most thought.
    >>
    >>But that frigging "Rest of the story" he would take a 30 second of
    >>stuff and stretch it into 5 minutes of fluff.
    >>
    >>It was a Love / hate deal with me and that guy.

    >Have you heard his son? He has a radio show and imitates his dad's voice,
    >it's irritating.

    Thinking about it, I haven't heard either Harvey in over 25 years.

    Job change and I've never listened to a country and western station
    since (their life blood).