Re: Good win32 burning software

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by victor, Jul 26, 2009.

  1. victor

    victor Guest

    http://cdburnerxp.se/
    http://www.deepburner.com/

    victor, Jul 26, 2009

  2. victor

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-26, victor <> wrote:
    > ofn01 wrote:
    >> I made a mistake and purchased Ashampoo Burning Studio 7. It worked fine for
    >> a while but seems to have some serious problems. Mainly it makes coasters
    >> out of rewritable DVDs when erasing them (can't be read on any machine -
    >> win32 or linux) and also has serious problems 'enumerating drives' on some
    >> machines (where it previously worked fine for a while).
    >>
    >> The coastered DVDs can be rescued by ImgBurn which seems to be freeware
    >> (well donation-ware).
    >>
    >> So far ImgBurn is doing ok - but Ashampoo did have a brilliantly simple
    >> interface - I heard ages ago that Nero was serious bloatware.
    >>
    >> What else is out there?
    >>

    > http://cdburnerxp.se/

    Yep.

    > http://www.deepburner.com/

    Yep, been given good reviews

    Infrarecorder is another.

    http://nonags.com might have others.

    Although the question remains, why did a good programme go bad?

    Gordon, Jul 26, 2009

  3. In message <4a6bdee0$>, ofn01 wrote:

    > These are homebuilt machines with the OS+drivers carefully installed.

    *sardonic laughter*

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 27, 2009