Re: Good email Program without problems that plague Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 28, 2008.

  1. Jim McCardle wrote:

    > I have a friend who used to use Netsacape for all his emails, it
    > seemed to handle a large number of emails without the so called 2gb
    > limit or problems.
    > I use outlook 2007 and my pst file is about 4gb. Outlook shits itself
    > from time to time because of this.

    Is your partition NTFS or FAT32? That mignt explain the problems.
    Netscape uses maildirs (directories with separate mail files, each of them
    small) but OE uses a database which is one big file on disk, for the inbox
    and subfolders.

    > I want to be able to save my emails easily as per the folders (in
    > Outlook) as it is easy to find an old email this way, but not with
    > Outlook once you have a swag of emails.

    But then, a e-mail program is no replacement for a document management
    system. Or, you muster up the courage, take your time and strip old emails
    off the useless attachments.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 28, 2008