Re: Going wild with KDE 4.1 themes

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Enkidu, Aug 2, 2008.

  1. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Freesias wrote:
    > http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=824
    >
    > "" Now KDE 4.1 is out, I've played around a bit with different themes.
    > I've installed the KDE artwork package, and a couple of themes via
    > GetHotNewStuff. KDE's coloring system has seen quite a lot of love, as
    > has Plasma's theming engine. The results are quite impressive, as you can
    > see in the screenshots. ""

    Doesn't matter what 'themes' you use, it still looks like Fisher-Price.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    "I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.

    Enkidu, Aug 2, 2008

  2. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Freesias wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:11:04 +1200, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't matter what 'themes' you use, it still looks like
    >> Fisher-Price.

    > I haven't tried it yet. I've been waiting for it to be provided in a
    > regular distribution - that probably means OpenSuSE11.1 .

    It'll probably get to the mainstream distros before it gets to OpenSuSE.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    "I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.

    Enkidu, Aug 3, 2008

  3. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    sam wrote:
    > Enkidu wrote:
    >> Freesias wrote:

    >>> I haven't tried it yet. I've been waiting for it to be provided in a
    >>> regular distribution - that probably means OpenSuSE11.1 .
    >>>

    >> It'll probably get to the mainstream distros before it gets to OpenSuSE.
    >>

    > Thats the Microsoft / Novell distro isn't it ?

    No. That's probably SuSE you are thinking of.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    "I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.

    Enkidu, Aug 3, 2008
  4. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Freesias wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 11:44:07 +1200, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> It'll probably get to the mainstream distros before it gets to
    >> OpenSuSE.

    > Open SuSE *is* a mainstream distribution.

    No, RedHat, Debian, and Ubuntu are and so is SuSE. OpenSuSE and Fedora
    are not.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    "I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.

    Enkidu, Aug 3, 2008
  5. In article <48952cd0$>, Enkidu did write:

    > Freesias wrote:
    >
    >> Open SuSE *is* a mainstream distribution.
    >>

    > No, RedHat, Debian, and Ubuntu are and so is SuSE. OpenSuSE and Fedora
    > are not.

    How come?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 3, 2008
  6. Enkidu

    biggles Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:52:55 +1200, Freesias wrote:

    > On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:11:04 +1200, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't matter what 'themes' you use, it still looks like Fisher-Price.

    > I haven't tried it yet. I've been waiting for it to be provided in a
    > regular distribution - that probably means OpenSuSE11.1 .

    Go on cupapeeee ...

    DL it and actually try it its in the packman repo i believe .. rather
    than just cross posting your usual linux desktop is going take over the
    world crap

    biggles

    biggles, Aug 4, 2008