Re: Going Even Wider For The 24/1.4G!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jun 1, 2010.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 31, 3:44 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    > I'm not sure what it is about the old 24/1.4 that makes even wide receivers
    > want to go wider?
    >
    > <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Going_Wide.jpg>

    Dude, you gotta get in there tighter, like with the awesome 100mm f/
    2.8L IS.

    http://bretdouglas.smugmug.com/Photos/2010/2010184/884626906_75MYp-O.jpg
    Annika1980, Jun 1, 2010

  2. Annika1980

    LOL! Guest

    On Mon, 31 May 2010 19:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 <>
    wrote:

    >On May 31, 3:44 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >> I'm not sure what it is about the old 24/1.4 that makes even wide receivers
    >> want to go wider?
    >>
    >> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Going_Wide.jpg>

    >Dude, you gotta get in there tighter, like with the awesome 100mm f/
    >2.8L IS.
    >
    >http://bretdouglas.smugmug.com/Photos/2010/2010184/884626906_75MYp-O.jpg

    What a shame that you didn't have enough DOF so the blurry beak wouldn't
    detract from (and totally ruin) the image. But then, that's the price you
    pay for insisting that a DSLR is the proper tool for the job. I bet it was
    worth every penny to get yet another crapshot.

    LOL!
    LOL!, Jun 1, 2010

  3. Annika1980

    Bruce Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 05:21:17 -0500, Larry Thong
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 May 2010 19:57:48 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >> On May 31, 3:44 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >>> I'm not sure what it is about the old 24/1.4 that makes even wide
    >>> receivers want to go wider?
    >>>
    >>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Going_Wide.jpg>

    >> Dude, you gotta get in there tighter, like with the awesome 100mm f/
    >> 2.8L IS.

    >Not bad. If I wanted to get tighter I would have put on the good old
    >105/2.8VR. It's just the old 24/1.4 is so much fun....

    You're right, it is fun, especially the f/1.4 maximum aperture. But
    what I find surprising is that when you use the lens at more normal
    apertures, it is an outstanding performer.

    I have used all the incarnations of the previous 24mm Nikkors and, in
    my opinion, none of them was better than the f/1.4 at any aperture.

    Roll on the AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4D! Please!!
    Bruce, Jun 1, 2010