Re: Going Behind The Grid At 700mm With The Old Wimberly II

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 7, 2010.

  1. Ï "Larry Thong" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon
    > fiber
    > tripod and Wimberley head. Damn, I did! I must admit this is going to
    > open
    > up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
    > Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those
    > low
    > light situations. Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    > great portrait lens!!
    >
    > <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

    Nice photo Rita, your cat has too long whiskers.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 7, 2010

  2. Ï "George Kerby" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá

    > On 4/7/10 7:12 AM, in article hphsr0$a67$, "Tzortzakakis
    > Dimitrios" <> wrote:
    >

    >> I "Larry Thong" <> ?anaoa ooi i?ioia
    >>> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon
    >>> fiber
    >>> tripod and Wimberley head. Damn, I did! I must admit this is going to
    >>> open
    >>> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid
    >>> support.
    >>> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those
    >>> low
    >>> light situations. Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    >>> great portrait lens!!
    >>>
    >>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>
    >>>

    >> Nice photo Rita, your cat has too long whiskers.
    >>

    > Whatever you do, don't trim them. They use them as a 'sixth' sense...

    Yeah, I know I was just joking... I used to clean my tomcat's ears with
    Qtips, he didn't like that much either. We rubbed noses, of course (that's
    how cats greet each other, probably he thought I was some kind of a large
    hairless cat). Sometimes he tried to groom me, then on second thought
    stopped, realizing I had no fur. When its owner goes to work, the cat thinks
    you go hunting, because there is always plenty of food.

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 8, 2010

  3. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    R Davis Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 23:10:02 -0700, "Bill Graham" <> wrote:

    >since when did cats reach the top of the food chain?

    They didn't, you fucking moron. What they do, and do very effectively, is
    destroy all the forms of life lower on the food-chain upon which all other
    animals in the wild depend.

    p.s. You wouldn't last that one NY minute to do a damn thing. I'd shoot you
    much quicker than that. Just for being so fuckingly stupid and ignorant, if
    for no other reason.

    I'd address all the other things you got completely wrong about animals and
    wildlife but you're simply not worth the time and effort to educate
    properly.

    What I will do for you though ... the one I missed shooting tonight about
    an hour ago, because it slunk off into the dark woods too fast for me to
    get a good bead on it, the next time I see it I'll say,

    "This one is for that dumbfuck-city-boy and animal-lover-hypocrite Bill
    Graham."

    BANG!

    Just for you. Maybe I'll devote a week's worth of dead cats in your honor.

    R Davis, Apr 9, 2010
  4. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Bill Graham <> wrote:
    >You're lucky you don't live around here....I'd blow you away in a New York
    >minute. I value cats much more than I value people.

    I'm sure that tht will come as a surprise to nobody.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 9, 2010
  5. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Chrlz Guest

    On Apr 9, 2:55 am, R Davis <> wrote:
    > When I go to work hunting ...

    "R Davis" is, of course, just the latest incarnation of the anti-dslr-
    and chdk-troll, aka Keoeeit, Vern, X-Man,
    Baumbadier, Casiobear, etc, ad infinitum. Proof here:
    http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems/msg/d41397529202b866?hl=en

    SNAP, Mr "Davis"...

    And here's a picture of the brave cat-hunter:
    http://www.eotacforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24769&p=300369#p300369

    (no kidding..)

    Please do not respond further to the troll.

    Chrlz, Apr 9, 2010
  6. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    R Davis Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 02:34:24 -0700 (PDT), Chrlz <>
    wrote:

    >On Apr 9, 2:55 am, R Davis <> wrote:
    >> When I go to work hunting ...

    >"R Davis" is, of course, just the latest incarnation of the anti-dslr-
    >and chdk-troll, aka Keoeeit, Vern, X-Man,
    >Baumbadier, Casiobear, etc, ad infinitum. Proof here:
    >http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems/msg/d41397529202b866?hl=en
    >
    >SNAP, Mr "Davis"...
    >
    >And here's a picture of the brave cat-hunter:
    >http://www.eotacforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24769&p=300369#p300369
    >
    >(no kidding..)
    >
    >Please do not respond further to the troll.

    Wow, are you ever a fuckin' moron.

    R Davis, Apr 9, 2010
  7. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 9, 10:52 am, "Bill Graham" <> wrote:

    > You're going to really need the practice.....I can still hit a 50 cent piece
    > at 50 feet free standing.....

    I'll bet you can't hit a toilet right in front of you.

    Annika1980, Apr 10, 2010