Re: Going Behind The Grid At 700mm With The Old Wimberly II

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nervous Nick, Apr 7, 2010.

  1. Nervous Nick

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    > Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
    > tripod and Wimberley head.  Damn, I did!  I must admit this is going to open
    > up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
    > Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
    > light situations.  Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    > great portrait lens!!
    >
    > <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

    It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Apr 7, 2010

  2. Nervous Nick

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Apr 6, 9:56 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
    > > tripod and Wimberley head.  Damn, I did!  I must admit this is going to open
    > > up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
    > > Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
    > > light situations.  Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    > > great portrait lens!!

    > > <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

    > It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

    Oh yeah, now I see.
    Boy, no fooling this guy!

    I will raise you one cat.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    Annika1980, Apr 7, 2010

  3. Nervous Nick

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:56:53 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    <> wrote:

    >On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
    >> tripod and Wimberley head.  Damn, I did!  I must admit this is going to open
    >> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
    >> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
    >> light situations.  Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    >> great portrait lens!!
    >>
    >> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

    >It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

    Thank you for pointing that out. I, for one, thought it was a
    photograph of a screen with a cat behind it. I'm glad that you were
    able to show me that I was wrong. It's so good that clever people are
    reading this newsgroup.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Apr 7, 2010
  4. Nervous Nick

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:40:37 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Apr 6, 9:56 pm, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    >> On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
    >> > tripod and Wimberley head.  Damn, I did!  I must admit this is going to open
    >> > up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
    >> > Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
    >> > light situations.  Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
    >> > great portrait lens!!

    >> > <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

    >> It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.
    >>

    >Oh yeah, now I see.
    >Boy, no fooling this guy!
    >
    >I will raise you one cat.
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    What is that pattern of fine vertical stripes at the righthand side of
    the ginger moggy?

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Apr 8, 2010
  5. Nervous Nick

    Wilba Guest

    Wilba, Apr 8, 2010
  6. Nervous Nick

    GMAN Guest

    In article <4bbd3cd2$0$8813$>, "Wilba" <> wrote:
    >Annika1980 wrote:
    >> Nervous Nick wrote:

    >>> It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

    >> Oh yeah, now I see.
    >> Boy, no fooling this guy!
    >>
    >> I will raise you one cat.
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    >Cat behind a screen? Sure -
    >http://www.users.on.net/~alanw/Usenet/Hamish22.jpg - "Grilled Ham" (Hammy
    >the Cat).

    cat at confession?

    GMAN, Apr 8, 2010
  7. Nervous Nick

    Wilba Guest

    GMAN wrote:
    > Wilba wrote:
    >>Annika1980 wrote:

    >>> Oh yeah, now I see.
    >>> Boy, no fooling this guy!
    >>>
    >>> I will raise you one cat.
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    >> Cat behind a screen? Sure -
    >> http://www.users.on.net/~alanw/Usenet/Hamish22.jpg - "Grilled Ham"
    >> (Hammy the Cat).

    > cat at confession?

    LOL, I never thought of that (probably because I've never been to one).
    :- )

    Wilba, Apr 8, 2010
  8. Nervous Nick

    Wilba Guest

    Neil Harrington wrote:
    > Wilba wrote:
    >> Annika1980 wrote:

    >>> Oh yeah, now I see.
    >>> Boy, no fooling this guy!
    >>>
    >>> I will raise you one cat.
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    >> Cat behind a screen? Sure -
    >> http://www.users.on.net/~alanw/Usenet/Hamish22.jpg - "Grilled Ham"
    >> (Hammy the Cat).

    > Nice shot.

    Thanks Neil.

    Wilba, Apr 8, 2010
  9. Nervous Nick

    Wilba Guest

    Alan Browne wrote:
    > Wilba wrote:
    >> Annika1980 wrote:

    >>> Oh yeah, now I see.
    >>> Boy, no fooling this guy!
    >>>
    >>> I will raise you one cat.
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/106435342

    >> Cat behind a screen? Sure -
    >> http://www.users.on.net/~alanw/Usenet/Hamish22.jpg - "Grilled Ham"
    >> (Hammy the Cat).

    > The right (to us) eye is fantastic.
    >
    > I wish a little more light had gotten onto the other eye - and that the
    > shadow of the left (to us) ear was complete.
    >
    > Nice photo in any case!

    Thanks. Sweetest cat I've ever known. :- )

    Wilba, Apr 9, 2010
  10. Nervous Nick

    Wilba Guest

    Alan Browne wrote:
    > Wilba wrote:
    >> GMAN wrote:

    >>> cat at confession?

    >> LOL, I never thought of that (probably because I've never been to one).
    >> :- )

    > Did you use digital? Confess! (for the rpe35mm crowd)

    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

    Wilba, Apr 9, 2010