Re: Going back to ethernet from wireless?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Dec 3, 2010.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:00:38 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > We had a worthing ethernet connection running across the house from a
    > second PC ( Dell ) to the ethernet-DSL hub ( Qwest PK5000 ), it was
    > working fine.
    >
    > But we have a pet parrot here, who chewed up the ethernet cable. So we
    > switched to Medialink wireless USB adapter for awhile and that was
    > decent.
    >
    > Then that overheated as that brand is apparently known to do, and died.
    >
    > So I'm trying to setup the ethernet with a new cable again. I put known-
    > working cables from that computer to the wall socket and from the wall
    > socket at the other end to the DSL hub. Problem is, the light on the
    > back of that remote PC is not lighting up like the cable is connected
    > and the OS ( all Win 7 here ) is saying no cable is connected.
    >
    > Yes, I uninstalled the Medialing stuff and rebooted.
    >
    > But I AM getting something saying that a Teredo Tunneling Pseudo
    > Interface is not working right.
    >

    > Anyone have any ideas on why the ethernet card down there isnt working
    > now?

    Goddam, you're possibly the most ignorant bitch ever seen on Usenet.

    Does *anything* ever go right for you?

    Do you think that is a coincidence...?

    LOL!

    This may help:

    http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/humor/cluepon.jpg

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he puked on Christopher Robin.
    Dan C, Dec 3, 2010

  2. Dan C

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On 03 Dec 2010 00:12:14 GMT, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:00:38 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >
    >> We had a worthing ethernet connection running across the house from a
    >> second PC ( Dell ) to the ethernet-DSL hub ( Qwest PK5000 ), it was
    >> working fine.
    >>
    >> But we have a pet parrot here, who chewed up the ethernet cable. So we
    >> switched to Medialink wireless USB adapter for awhile and that was
    >> decent.
    >>
    >> Then that overheated as that brand is apparently known to do, and died.
    >>
    >> So I'm trying to setup the ethernet with a new cable again. I put known-
    >> working cables from that computer to the wall socket and from the wall
    >> socket at the other end to the DSL hub. Problem is, the light on the
    >> back of that remote PC is not lighting up like the cable is connected
    >> and the OS ( all Win 7 here ) is saying no cable is connected.
    >>
    >> Yes, I uninstalled the Medialing stuff and rebooted.
    >>
    >> But I AM getting something saying that a Teredo Tunneling Pseudo
    >> Interface is not working right.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas on why the ethernet card down there isnt working
    >> now?

    > Goddam, you're possibly the most ignorant bitch ever seen on Usenet.
    >
    > Does *anything* ever go right for you?
    >
    > Do you think that is a coincidence...?
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > This may help: