Re: GOD Mode And Windows 7. Linux ROCKS once again.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Nov 10, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:58:13 +0000, Boris Badenough wrote:

    > Create a new folder and call it
    > GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    > The name changes to GodMode and the icon looks Control-Panelish. Open
    > the folder and you'll see all the settings.

    Don't forget how to put W7 into the Test Mode like mine runs in.

    > The Cnet article is here:
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html
    >
    > So how many dozens of cryptic scripts does a Linux user have to run in
    > order to perform all these functions?

    In Mandriva 2010 you click on the Configure Your Computer icon.

    <COLA troll group snecked>

    Meat Plow, Nov 10, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-10, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:58:13 +0000, Boris Badenough wrote:
    >
    >> Create a new folder and call it
    >> GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    >> The name changes to GodMode and the icon looks Control-Panelish. Open
    >> the folder and you'll see all the settings.

    > Don't forget how to put W7 into the Test Mode like mine runs in.
    >
    >> The Cnet article is here:
    >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html
    >>
    >> So how many dozens of cryptic scripts does a Linux user have to run in
    >> order to perform all these functions?

    > In Mandriva 2010 you click on the Configure Your Computer icon.
    >
    > <COLA troll group snecked>

    It is nice to see Microsoft heaving itself painfully into the 1990s at
    last, even if it has to lay an Easter egg to do it.
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 11, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-11, §nühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > In message <>, Whiskers
    > pondered the following:

    >> > Don't forget how to put W7 into the Test Mode like mine runs in.

    >> > In Mandriva 2010 you click on the Configure Your Computer icon.
    >> >
    >> > <COLA troll group snecked>

    >> It is nice to see Microsoft heaving itself painfully into the 1990s at
    >> last, even if it has to lay an Easter egg to do it.
    >> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)>
    >>

    > Huh...it just caused my moms HP lappy to give an error message "windows
    > explorer has stopped". Required a tree finger salute to get it to restart.
    > LOL!

    Some bad habits are very hard to break. Perhaps someone will come up with
    an equivalent of the 'electronic cigarette' mentioned in another thread,
    to help Microsoft stop doing whatever it is they can't seem to stop doing
    any other way?

    I passed a benighted smoker in the street this evening; standing on the
    pavement in the dark and cold, next to the bin-bags awaiting collection, in
    the rain and half a gale, desperately dragging on a fag. Poor sucker.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 11, 2010