Re: GLBP on C837

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Doug McIntyre, May 11, 2009.

  1. "Elia Spadoni" <> writes:
    >Does the C837 supports GLBP in any of it IOS? I have not been able to find
    >one.

    >Currently I use HSRP v2 between one C1721 and a C837, but no GLBP.

    >I think that the C837 doesn't support GLBP..

    >Can someone help me finding it out?

    Cisco Feature Navigator says no. Oddly enough they list an 836 as
    having it, but thats the only one of its class listed. I'm going to
    guess on the side that the listing of the 836 is a mistake, and none
    of the early 800 routers supported it at all.

    The 881/887/888 are listed, but they are much newer, and have alot
    more CPU and RAM in them.

    Your best bet is probably to match up the 1721 with an 1801 or 1841,
    both of which are listed as supporting it.

    Doug McIntyre, May 11, 2009

  2. "Elia Spadoni" <> writes:
    >yes I think so, that the 836 is a mistake.

    >However I have a lot of 2600 (even not XM) that supports the GLBP.

    >Thank you for you support info.

    Well, the model number generally specs the "size" (capacity/feature
    set/etc) of the box, not necessarily the age of things driving what
    features are included.

    I'd expect a 2600 to support more features than a 1800, which in turn
    would support more features than an 800. Even if you had an 877 with
    loads more Flash and RAM than a 2600 does, it doesn't necessarily do
    all that a 2600 can, and a 2600 can't do all that the 3800 can do.

    Yes, Cisco is a bit fickle about it, but this is a general truth.

    Doug McIntyre, May 11, 2009