Re: GIGLI: DVD History in the Making.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Smaug69, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Smaug69

    Smaug69 Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message news:<20030812020632.777$>...

    <snip>

    > The release of _Jersey Girl_ has been confirmed for March 19, 2004?

    Well, everywhere I have checked seems to confirm that date. And View
    Askew said it was officially announced by Miramax.

    > As of August 11, 2003, the date you have specified is not stated on the
    > official Miramax website:
    >
    > http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/
    >
    > All it says is, "In theaters 2004."

    We all know how up-to-date those studio websites are.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Smaug69

    Scot Gardner Guest

    > <snip>
    >
    > > The release of _Jersey Girl_ has been confirmed for March 19, 2004?

    > Well, everywhere I have checked seems to confirm that date. And View
    > Askew said it was officially announced by Miramax.
    >
    > > As of August 11, 2003, the date you have specified is not stated on
    > > the official Miramax website:
    > >
    > > http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/
    > >
    > > All it says is, "In theaters 2004."

    > We all know how up-to-date those studio websites are.
    >
    > Smaug69

    Miramax was quick enough to change the original November 7th, 2003
    release date to "sometime" in 2004 the weekend that _Gigli_ was
    released.

    I've seen the View Askew articles and one of these mentions a lot of
    potential release dates:

    ***

    Release Date: March 19th, 2004 (wide)

    Release Date Notes: (5/30/03) This movie was originally mentioned as a
    possible summer, 2003 release. Then, Miramax had it scheduled for
    November 7th, 2003 for several months, but now they've yanked it from
    2003 altogether and are looking for sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2004.
    I suspect it will end up being released sometime in April. (6/3/03)
    Well, it's two months shy of the second quarter, but Kevin Smith has
    confirmed (via NewsAskew.com that the movie has moved, but only to
    February, not April, May or June. (8/8/03) The target release date is
    now March 19th, 2004.

    Distributor: Miramax Films

    Production Company: View Askew Productions

    ***

    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404736&intl=us

    A confirmation from Kevin Smith is not as assuring as a confirmation
    from Miramax.

    Scot Gardner, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Smaug69

    Eric R. Guest

    (Smaug69) wrote in message

    > Well, everywhere I have checked seems to confirm that date. And View
    > Askew said it was officially announced by Miramax.

    I think Miramax's official release date has been changed to "When Hell
    freezes over."

    -Eric

    Eric R., Aug 12, 2003