Re: Gigaset "server not available" problem

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Nov 28, 2012.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:31:22 +0000, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >This one has got me confused.
    >Gigaset at home has been working just fine for a few years. Been on FTTC
    >via Zen for about a year with no problems, then about Sunday/Monday I
    >got a call at work from Debs mobile saying the phones weren't working.
    >Hmmm. Logged on to the box over VPN and checked all settings. All seemed
    >fine well they should have been as I hadn't touched anything.
    >Pretty sure I hadn't fiddled with the router (Draytek 2920n on the
    >weekend either) The gigaset box has web access as it's got the weather
    >on the display plus I can log into it from local and VPN.
    >
    >So I disabled all firewall rules on router, disabled all DoS rules. even
    >changed DNS from open DNS to ZEN's DNS as I have known Open DNS'
    >clueless (upaid) clasifiers classify VOIPfone server as a "webmail"
    >server which knocked it out once before. Still no joy. No accounts are
    >registering. Voipfone, several betamax accounts and a couple of sipgate
    >accounts.
    >
    >This is really got me stumped. I've disconnected all voip accounts and
    >tried enabling them individually but they all still refuse to register.
    >
    >Only thing left to try is temporarily setting gigaset box as DMZ to
    >completely eliminate any router rules.. After that I'm snookered.
    >
    >Any other ideas?
    >Cheers
    >Pete

    Have you tried switching it off and back on again ;-) ?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Nov 28, 2012

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:18:45 +0000, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
    <> wrote:

    >On 28/11/2012 22:53, Graham. wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried switching it off and back on again ;-) ?

    >Ha... Quite a number of times, along with the router and the Modem.
    >My NAS drive vanished for a few days but that's decided to stop sulking
    >and come out to play which did make me query the switch in the loft
    >however the Giggleset box is in it's own port on the router, everything
    >else goes back to the switch.
    >Results of the Gigaset box on DMZ are same. All accounts showing server
    >not accessible.
    >
    >It could only be a port issue as the box has internet and LAN access.
    >Dropping all Firewall rules and also setting in DMZ have pretty much
    >eliminated port blocking from my side, all I can think is Zen are
    >blocking ports (which I've set away from default) as per:
    >https://gigaset.com/medias/sys_master/VoIP_nat-troubleshooting_en.html
    >which has been working fine both here and at work.
    >
    >The only other query is that I'm pretty tight on D/L limits this month
    >though when I checked a few days ago I still had 6% left which is more
    >than enough...
    >
    >Guess I'll have to call them in the morning and see if they're messing
    >with me.
    >
    >8¬/
    >
    >Pete

    Try the account credentials on a generic soft phone like x-lite, or
    the Betamax softphone that corresponds to your accounts.

    If that's the same have you got a 3G dongle or phone you can tether to
    bypass your ISP as a test?

    You really need an all-you-can-eat plan Pete!

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Nov 28, 2012