Re: Gigaset firmware update. (S685ip)

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Paul Jones, Nov 12, 2009.

  1. Paul Jones

    Paul Jones Guest

    On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:46:29 +0000, ""
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Just realised I've been using for 3 years for inbound
    >> calls. Doesn't time fly.

    >Arghhhhhh While printing of some voipfone invoices I found the following
    >on their forum:
    >"Siemens Firmware Upgrade, DON'T Update
    >We've had a number of calls today from Siemens phone users having issues
    >today since upgrading the firmware on their phone.
    >If you see your phone pop up showing a request to update, please don't
    >upgrade the firmware at this stage"
    >Ho Hum... time will tell.
    >Bugger bugger bugger.

    Mine seems fine. Noticed a new menu item for "Call Manager" in "Number
    Assignment". Not sure what it is for yet. Unless it has always been
    there and I missed it before.

    I have noticed it is very quick now using Firefox. Used to take an age
    to move through the menus.
    Paul Jones, Nov 12, 2009

  2. Paul Jones

    Paul Jones Guest

    On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:14:22 +0000, Paul Jones
    <> wrote:

    >I have noticed it is very quick now using Firefox. Used to take an age
    >to move through the menus.

    It is mentioned in the readme file:

    Gigaset C470 IP / C475 IP / S675 IP / S685 IP Firmware update 11/2009

    Download version: 02214

    New features:

    * VoIP: Call transfer also possible for incoming calls.*
    * VoIP: Performs audio codec negotiation up- and downwards during a
    * VoIP: Acoustic signalling of received out-of-band DTMF-tones during a
    * Web Configurator: new languages - Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
    English is preinstalled. The rest of the available languages will be
    downloaded when they are selected.
    * Web Configurator (Settings/Telephony/Number Assignment): Enhanced
    Auto-Fallback implemented. If the call via IP fails, the phone will
    automatically dial via next active IP account, trying all IP accounts
    one by one.***
    * Web Configurator (Settings/Telephony/Number Assignment): Support of a
    web-based "Call Manager" for incoming and outgoing calls. Works under
    the premise: IP provider runs a BroadSoft-system.*
    * Web Configurator (Settings/TelephonyAdvanced Settings): Auto DTMF
    negotiation implemented.
    * Web Configurator (Settings/Security): Transport Layer Security (TLS)
    for Gigaset auto-configuration and TR-069 implemented.*/**
    * Switzerland: Free VoIP calls between Gigaset IP phones via
    If the entry is not in the directory, the handset has to be
    re-registered at the base station.

    Provider relevant features:
    - SIP over TCP: The prefered transport protocol (UDP/TCP) can be set via
    the provider profile.
    - Period for the automatic check of provider settings is configurable
    via the provider profile.
    - Web Configurator (Settings/IP Configuration): VLAN-Tagging for virtual
    networks implemented.*/**
    - TR-069: Support of Auto-Configuration Server (ACS): Alcatel/Lucent and
    Gigaset Software Suite.
    - Interoperability with softswitches: Asterisk (V 1.4.18), Broadsoft
    (R14SP5), IP Centrex, Sylantro AS (V4.1.1), Nortel CS2K.

    * Enhanced reliability of service through implementation of
    a RTP-Proxy.
    * Web Configurator: Support of Internet Explorer 8.0 and Mozilla Firefox
    3.5 (with MS Vista) improved.
    * Telephonebook down-/upload via Web Configurator: vCards are now
    uploaded correctly.
    * Improved behaviour during conference calls.*
    * Automatic check for firmware and provider profile updates improved.
    * SMS via IP: reception of linked SMS improved.*
    * CLIP for Brazil, Russia, Netherlands, Great Britain: error correction.
    * Correction of Russian display texts.

    Provider relevant features:
    - Handling of audio codec G729 improved.
    - VoIP: support of "0+<Number>" format for incoming calls (CLIP).*

    Known Bugs:

    * Web Configurator (Settings/Services): incorrect provider names in the
    online-directory list. The functionality is not affected by that.
    Paul Jones, Nov 12, 2009