    Stevens, Jr. DOES. He decided on not doing the transfer anamorphic.
    HIS decision, not Warners. We don't have to agree with it, but you
    CANNOT blame Warners. Can you get that through your thick skulls?

    Brockhurst Pertwee, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Brockhurst Pertwee

    Richard C. Guest

    "Brockhurst Pertwee" <> wrote in message
    : RichardC and Zimmy: I am not the one who doesn't get it, you two are.
    : You refuse to understand the POINT, and your hard-headedness in doing so
    : makes you look as stupid as you apparently are. See below.
    :
    : Matthew Martin wrote:
    :
    : <In all likelihood, George Stevens, Jr. is the executor of his father's
    : estate. In that capacity, he can dictate whatever terms he wants as he
    : controls the copyright. WB's choice was to comply with those terms or
    : not release the DVD.>
    :
    : Bingo. A person with a brain posts. Now, Richard, do you get it? Now,
    : Zimmy do you get it? Warners does NOT control this film, and Mr.
    : Stevens, Jr. DOES. He decided on not doing the transfer anamorphic.
    : HIS decision, not Warners. We don't have to agree with it, but you
    : CANNOT blame Warners. Can you get that through your thick skulls?
    :

    I am not trying to be an asshole or to argue with you just for the sake of argument.
    What I cannot understand is how Stevens would want an INFERIOR presentation of the
    movie.
    It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Do you actually have some proof that this is the case?
    HAS WB ever released an anamorphic 1.66:1 DVD of any movie?
    It still pisses me off. It is unwatchable.

    Richard C., Jun 26, 2003