Re: Getting photos from a friend with a Mac

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Apr 16, 2013.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jennifer
    Murphy <> wrote:

    > We have some friends who we travel with from time to time. The friend
    > often gets some good photos, that I don't get.
    >
    > She sends them to me, but they come as embedded in the email, not as
    > attachments. When I try to save them on my hard disk, they are very low
    > resolution (640 x 480 pixels).
    >
    > I assume that's all the resolution there is in the embedded email image,
    > like a thumbnail.

    they were downsized for emailing, which is a good thing to do.

    nobody wants multi-megabyte attachments, and depending on the camera,
    it could be *really* big.

    > I would love to get copies of her original photos, but I don't know
    > anything about the Mac and she is barely able to read her email.

    what do you mean she is barely able to read her email? is she visually
    impaired?

    > Can anyone suggest a way for her to send me her photos? Ideally it would
    > involve uploading them to some file sharing site, but I'm afraid she
    > won't be able to get that to work.

    same answers as last time. dropbox, instant messaging, personal web
    space, etc.

    > She lives a bit of a distance away, so it's not feasible for me to just
    > go over there every time she has some photos to share. Is there an easy
    > way for her to share her desktop with me on my PC so I could walk her
    > through the process -- assuming that I can figure out the Mac?

    she could do it the old fashioned way, put them on a dvd and mail it.

    nospam, Apr 16, 2013

  2. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jennifer
    Murphy <> wrote:

    > >> I would love to get copies of her original photos, but I don't know
    > >> anything about the Mac and she is barely able to read her email.

    > >what do you mean she is barely able to read her email? is she visually
    > >impaired?

    > She really doesn't understand the computer. I think she had the guys at
    > the Apple store show her how to get email and that's about all she knows
    > how to do. Her vision is fine. It's her technical comprehension (and
    > interest).

    have her ask them the question. they'll explain how to do it. that's
    what they do. they might even have a class on it.

    nospam, Apr 16, 2013