Re: Getting family movies onto PC/DVD - Recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    > Honestly, a DVD/VCR combo unit that will dub is best for ease of use.
    >
    > Otherwise try here and search for "VHS to DVD":
    > http://www.videohelp.com/
    >
    > Lance
    > *****

    Looks like good website thanks .... and the quality of built-in copiers
    is good ?
    Any name recommendations to buy OR avoid ?

    Thanks
    Bobb
    ===========

    > - Bobb - wrote on 4/28/2006 6:43 PM:
    >>
    >>> Looking for advice on hw and/or sw for a home PC. Others must have
    >>> done
    >>> this already. I've seen hw at CompUSA etc for hooking up VHS players
    >>> the PC to edit/burn to DVD. Anyone with experience doing so ? I have
    >>> old
    >>> family videos that I'd like to burn to DVD and mail to family aorund
    >>> the
    >>> country. We have VHS-C , VHS, old reels ( for a projector ) etc. Any
    >>> recommendations ( other than mailing it all way to someone else to
    >>> have
    >>> them do it ). I've seen Video-Oh, GO-DVD, Turtle beach and others -
    >>> what's the
    >>> best way to go for a novice video creator ? Ease of use is VERY
    >>> important

    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Bobb

    - Bobb -, Apr 29, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    Terry Guest

    Walmart has a $99 dvd recorder that makes transfers from tape to disc very
    easy...

    Terry, Apr 29, 2006