Re: German Phone Number

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Philippe Deleye, Feb 28, 2010.

  1. "Me" <> schreef in bericht
    > You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
    > number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
    > confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
    > find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
    > of the Sipgate registration.

    attn Me ...
    Contrary to Sipgate in the UK, where they check your IP address to find out
    you location, Sipgate Germany needs much more stringent rules.
    They check your exact name and address, with the german Database of bank
    accounts (SHUFA)
    This is not a credit check as many people think, but a complete Database of
    ALL german Bank account holders.
    This is done on-line during the registration. If there is an *exact match*,
    then you will get a german geographical number.
    If negative, they will need the written proof of residency, e.g. copy of the
    "Anmeldung" (registration in the city), copy of your phone or electricity
    bill, etc ... Otherwise you will get a non-geographical number.
    Going trough a german proxy will not help.

    You may indeed need to find a helpful German ;)

    attn Ivor ....
    I need a helpful Brit for a Sipgate.co.uk issue.
    Can you please contact me by mail ? I can't find your e-mail address.

    Regards
    Philippe (Belgium)

    Philippe Deleye, Feb 28, 2010