Re: General questions about USB cables

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, May 8, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in

    > Judging by a recent thread here, USB cables multiply in the dark --
    > cheap, despised things. But at Walmart I had to pay ~$15 for a Belkin
    > USB cable to set up an Epson printer.

    I would have *demanded* the cable from wherever the printer came from.

    This leads to another unmentioned method of USB accumulation: Not actual
    reproduction per se as it would appear at first, USB cables when stored in
    a drawer for extended periods of time get bored with their neighbours and
    use their much unknown teleport ability to move to another drawer. Some
    have stated that this is the real reason why USB devices consume so much
    power - the cables are storing it up in reserve for such movements.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 8, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 8 May 2009 21:52:29 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >I would have *demanded* the cable from wherever the printer came from.

    For a printer that says (as most printers do nowdays), USB Cable
    required, not included.

    You are truly an idiot.

    Evan Platt, May 9, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 May 2009 21:52:29 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I would have *demanded* the cable from wherever the printer came from.

    > For a printer that says (as most printers do nowdays), USB Cable
    > required, not included.
    >
    > You are truly an idiot.
    > --

    For what it's worth I'm sure a company would be inclined to send
    somebody a usb cable if they requested. Just sending out one with
    every item is not cost effective, wasteful, environment etc. Buying
    one would suck as most people have at least one or two extra that they
    don't use. I have like 7 of them, and many digi cam cables.

    , May 11, 2009