Re: General Announcement

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Oct 7, 2012.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwUZLV-IE&feature=related

    otter, Oct 7, 2012

  2. otter

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:26:37 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
    >> On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> Dear SI participants,
    >>>
    >>> The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    >>> SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    >>> Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    >>> other interests.

    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwUZLV-IE&feature=related

    >It will be if somebody doesn't step up.

    Can we submit nominations, or must nominations be self-submitted?

    If nominations from the floor are acceptable, I nominate Bruce. Bruce
    has been the SI's severest critic and has taken the position that he
    is a better judge of photography than anyone else here.

    It's assumed, then, that he can do it better than anyone else. He's
    the natural candidate for this.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Oct 7, 2012

  3. otter

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:03:22 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:
    :
    :
    :
    : On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article ,
    : "tony cooper" <> wrote:
    :
    : > On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:26:37 -0400, Alan Browne
    : > <> wrote:
    : >
    : >> On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
    : >>> On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee <>
    : >>> wrote:
    : >>>> Dear SI participants,
    : >>>>
    : >>>> The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    : >>>> SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    : >>>> Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
    : >>>> other interests.
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwUZLV-IE&feature=related
    : >>
    : >> It will be if somebody doesn't step up.
    : >
    : >
    : > Can we submit nominations, or must nominations be self-submitted?
    : >
    : > If nominations from the floor are acceptable, I nominate Bruce. Bruce
    : > has been the SI's severest critic and has taken the position that he
    : > is a better judge of photography than anyone else here.
    : >
    : > It's assumed, then, that he can do it better than anyone else. He's
    : > the natural candidate for this.
    :
    : What about Tonto the MothMan?

    He's been gone for a while, hasn't he? Probably he's either back on his meds
    or back in the hatch.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2012
  4. otter

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 13:44:23 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:
    :
    :
    :
    : On 10/7/12 12:37 PM, in article ,
    : "Robert Coe" <> wrote:
    :
    : > On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:03:22 -0500, George Kerby <>
    : > wrote:
    : > :
    : > :
    : > :
    : > : On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article ,
    : > : "tony cooper" <> wrote:
    : > :
    : > : > On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:26:37 -0400, Alan Browne
    : > : > <> wrote:
    : > : >
    : > : >> On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
    : > : >>> On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee <>
    : > : >>> wrote:
    : > : >>>> Dear SI participants,
    : > : >>>>
    : > : >>>> The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
    : > : >>>> SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
    : > : >>>> Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to
    : > pursue
    : > : >>>> other interests.
    : > : >>>
    : > : >>>
    : > : >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwUZLV-IE&feature=related
    : > : >>
[...]
    : Chrysalis?

    Nut.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2012
  5. otter

    Bruce Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote:
    > If nominations from the floor are acceptable, I nominate Bruce. Bruce
    > has been the SI's severest critic and has taken the position that he
    > is a better judge of photography than anyone else here.

    Another claim that I have never made. Keep them coming.

    Who can judge such bilge anyway? Better to stick with the toe-curling
    mutual admiration for myriad talents that are not on display.

    Bruce, Oct 8, 2012