Re: @ GeForce 4, 440 Go drivers for XP64

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bum, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Bum

    Bum Guest

    "gina" <> wrote in news:HfoQd.1278$9J5.1171
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > Hello everyone:
    >
    > In my new HP laptop (zv5410us) w/GeForce 4, 440 Go video card (64mb
    > dedicated), Xp64 OS placed generic drivers for my video card (No dual
    > monitor support). I got the Nvidia drivers from their website, the
    > 66.96winxp64_english and the
    > nForce_6.25_winxp64_inter but neither one will install, it goes to the
    > process and ask me to restart the computer but the same generic driver
    > remains, anysuggestion?
    > Thanks Re (A+ and proud)
    >
    > AMD ATHLON 64, 3000
    > GeForce 4, 440 Go
    > Dual bootup, win xp home (drivers fine)
    > Win xp Pro XP64 (Problem w/drivers)

    Laptops ... does not matter what brand all use the Go Video card the nvida
    drivers as a rule generally either do not work or show lackluster
    performance. A number of machines come in weekly with this problem and we
    get rid of the nvida and ms video drivers and install the go video drivers
    from the laptop manufacture. XP SP 2 has hosed any number of laptops due
    to this driver issues.
    Bum, Feb 16, 2005