Re: Gateway 7320 - Need help on how to remove keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, May 4, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in news::

    > Hello,
    >

    > Has anyone had any experience on how to remove the keyboard/mouse
    > from a Gateway laptop 7320? I removed all of the screws out of the
    > bottom and the front lip is loose but I am still getting resistance
    > from the back end of the keyboard.

    You don't. not unless you want to pay *more* for the service you will
    eventually have to have done anyways. Laptops are *not* made to be
    repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians.
    Consumer laptops are moreso than any others.

    Bsides do you have an exact replacement for the keyboard and touchpad
    ready?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 4, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    G. Morgan Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    >You don't. not unless you want to pay *more* for the service you will
    >eventually have to have done anyways. Laptops are *not* made to be
    >repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians.
    >Consumer laptops are moreso than any others.

    Seriously Chuckie, why do you even bother to reply?

    He wasn't asking for an opinion on if he should attempt it. And even if he
    was, yours is wrong.

    >Laptops are *not* made to be repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians

    Hahahaha!! The laptop keyboard is considered a user replaceable device.

    >Bsides do you have an exact replacement for the keyboard and touchpad
    >ready?

    Irrelevant, tardo.
    G. Morgan, May 5, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 4 May 2009 20:37:16 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >You don't. not unless you want to pay *more* for the service you will
    >eventually have to have done anyways. Laptops are *not* made to be
    >repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians.
    >Consumer laptops are moreso than any others.

    Dumbass. Every laptop keyboard I've ever had was user replaceable.

    Just because you were / are too stupid to do it, doesn't mean everyone
    else is.

    Do you really go out of your way to look this stupid?

    Geez, I'd bet even the n00bs here are going "Wow, this guy's an
    idiot!"
    Evan Platt, May 5, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>

    >> Has anyone had any experience on how to remove the keyboard/mouse
    >> from a Gateway laptop 7320? I removed all of the screws out of the
    >> bottom and the front lip is loose but I am still getting resistance
    >> from the back end of the keyboard.

    >You don't. not unless you want to pay *more* for the service you will
    >eventually have to have done anyways. Laptops are *not* made to be
    >repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians.
    >Consumer laptops are moreso than any others.

    Idiot
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd510/en/sm/keyboard.htm

    --

    http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools
    , May 5, 2009
  5. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 05 May 2009 10:49:46 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    <> wrote:

    >Pay no atention to the advice of the Chuckietard. The general consensus
    >here is that he's an idiot.

    Your comment makes the presumption that there's someone here who
    doesn't think he's in idiot, which is obviously not correct. :)
    Evan Platt, May 5, 2009
  6. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 05 May 2009 14:18:23 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    <> wrote:

    >Well Chuckie doesn't think he's an idiot. Or soesn't that count?
    >
    >:^)

    He thinks everyone else is the idiot. :)
    Evan Platt, May 5, 2009
  7. chuckcar

    Top Guest

    Evan Platt expressed precisely :
    > On Tue, 05 May 2009 14:18:23 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Well Chuckie doesn't think he's an idiot. Or soesn't that count?
    >>
    >>> ^)

    > He thinks everyone else is the idiot. :)

    He fits very well in my killfile.

    Top
    Top, May 5, 2009
  8. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in news::

    > On Mon, 4 May 2009 20:37:16 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>

    >>> Has anyone had any experience on how to remove the keyboard/mouse
    >>> from a Gateway laptop 7320? I removed all of the screws out of the
    >>> bottom and the front lip is loose but I am still getting resistance
    >>> from the back end of the keyboard.
    >>>

    >>You don't. not unless you want to pay *more* for the service you will
    >>eventually have to have done anyways. Laptops are *not* made to be
    >>repaired by anyone but the most patient, highly trained technicians.
    >>Consumer laptops are moreso than any others.
    >>
    >>Bsides do you have an exact replacement for the keyboard and touchpad
    >>ready?

    > Maybe you are incapable of removing the parts but I am. With the PDF
    > that the group provided was able to pull the power switch board that I
    > need to replace. The part is only $25 on ebay.

    If you're unwilling to receive advice why did you post here?

    On most laptops, the keyboard is build into the motherboard, usually
    connected by a flimsy plastic film connector. I have built my own
    computers for over 20 years and undoubtedly kmow more about any aspect of
    them than you do From programming down to TTL logic and everything in
    between.

    > I have replaced a CCFL tube within the LCD screen of my Thinkpad for
    > $10 and a $10 inverter so please don't assume that someone can't do
    > the work. Your assumptions wouldn't go far if I told you that even
    > though I am an IT geek, I have replaced car radiators, exhaust
    > systems, driveshafts, brake calipers and more.

    A person is smart...

    Men in Black.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 5, 2009
  9. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 05 May 2009 17:03:22 -0400, Top <> wrote:

    >He fits very well in my killfile.

    I've thought about kf'ing the idiot too, but he gives dangerous advice
    that some may follow, so..
    Evan Platt, May 5, 2009
  10. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 05 May 2009 08:36:32 -0400, nick wrote:

    > With the PDF that
    > the group provided

    Oh, I see. The whole group provided you with that link to the PDF.

    Well, all right.

    Aardvark, May 5, 2009
  11. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 5 May 2009 21:07:32 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >If you're unwilling to receive advice why did you post here?

    Maybe because your advice sucks?

    >On most laptops, the keyboard is build into the motherboard, usually
    >connected by a flimsy plastic film connector. I have built my own
    >computers for over 20 years and undoubtedly kmow more about any aspect of
    >them than you do From programming down to TTL logic and everything in
    >between.

    Wow... You really are a clueless idiot.
    Evan Platt, May 5, 2009
  12. chuckcar

    G. Morgan Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 May 2009 14:18:23 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Well Chuckie doesn't think he's an idiot. Or soesn't that count?
    >>
    >>:^)

    >He thinks everyone else is the idiot. :)

    Arrggg. I'm not seeing "The Old Sourdough's" posts again.
    G. Morgan, May 6, 2009
  13. chuckcar

    G. Morgan Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 May 2009 08:36:32 -0400, nick wrote:
    >
    >> With the PDF that
    >> the group provided

    >Oh, I see. The whole group provided you with that link to the PDF.
    >
    >Well, all right.

    Yeaaa! <takes bow>
    G. Morgan, May 6, 2009
  14. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 06 May 2009 00:56:42 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 05 May 2009 14:18:23 -0500, The Old Sourdough <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well Chuckie doesn't think he's an idiot. Or soesn't that count?
    >>>
    >>>:^)

    >>He thinks everyone else is the idiot. :)

    > Arrggg. I'm not seeing "The Old Sourdough's" posts again.

    Funny. I thought it was only me. I always see replies to his posts, but
    never any trace of the posts themselves.

    Aardvark, May 6, 2009
  15. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 06 May 2009 00:58:18 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 05 May 2009 08:36:32 -0400, nick wrote:
    >>
    >>> With the PDF that
    >>> the group provided

    >>Oh, I see. The whole group provided you with that link to the PDF.
    >>
    >>Well, all right.

    > Yeaaa! <takes bow>

    Aye thang yew!

    'Credit where credit's due' is what I always say ;-).

    Aardvark, May 6, 2009
  16. chuckcar

    Guest

    wrote:

    >>Bsides do you have an exact replacement for the keyboard and touchpad
    >>ready?

    >Maybe you are incapable of removing the parts but I am. With the PDF
    >that the group provided was able to pull the power switch board that I
    >need to replace. The part is only $25 on ebay.
    >

    >I have replaced a CCFL tube within the LCD screen of my Thinkpad for
    >$10 and a $10 inverter so please don't assume that someone can't do
    >the work. Your assumptions wouldn't go far if I told you that even
    >though I am an IT geek, I have replaced car radiators, exhaust
    >systems, driveshafts, brake calipers and more.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    Chucktard, Chuckturd, Idiot, Clueless, Stupid and many more names this
    persons is called as time goes on. He makes no friends and alienates
    all he comes in contact with.

    He will give wrong information, stick to it to his last breath, then
    change his stance to the proper solution when it appears - taking
    credit for it as well.

    This person has no self pity and will steal others advice as his own.
    It's quite obvious when it happens.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) always has to appear right or correct
    and those long threads you see involving him is a "who can last the
    longest" or just the fact that he has to be right no matter how wrong
    he is. and I swear, last post appears important as well, an awful
    combination.

    This person will give advice that can cause you to lose your data,
    lose your computer (bad bios info) or just flat screw you.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) running Win98, a person who has never
    used a NT OS yet feels quite comfortable giving advice he has never
    used himself.

    This group likes the fact it's able to help others, (setq (chuck nil)
    car(chuck) ) really doesn't care about the user, just how he comes
    across (and that's always him being seen as right)

    But (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) anytime you come up with some of
    your bogus advice, I will call you on it.

    Seriously if you receive advice from (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ),
    google the information first to see if it's even in the ball park.

    Pennywise.
    --

    Bike for sale
    http://imgur.com/2YpjMl.jpg
  17. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> wrote in
    >>With the PDF
    >> that the group provided was able to pull the power switch board that I
    >> need to replace. The part is only $25 on ebay.

    >If you're unwilling to receive advice why did you post here?

    He received the advice he required by posting here. Can't turn this
    around, your wrong and your advice irresponsible.

    --

    http://www.myprops.org/content/Face-Transplant-Patient-Is-Revealed/
    , May 6, 2009
  18. chuckcar

    G. Morgan Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    >> Arrggg. I'm not seeing "The Old Sourdough's" posts again.

    >Funny. I thought it was only me. I always see replies to his posts, but
    >never any trace of the posts themselves.

    Yeah, Mara couldn't see him either about a month or two ago and he supposedly
    fixed it.

    I know she runs NewsProxy, as do I. Do you?
    G. Morgan, May 6, 2009
  19. G. Morgan wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> [G. Morgan wrote:]
    >>> Arrggg. I'm not seeing "The Old Sourdough's" posts again.

    >> Funny. I thought it was only me. I always see replies to his posts,
    >> but never any trace of the posts themselves.

    > Yeah, Mara couldn't see him either about a month or two ago and he
    > supposedly fixed it.

    I don't see Sourdough posts either. In fact, there is none in this
    thread at Google Groups.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 6, 2009
  20. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 06 May 2009 10:22:25 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >

    >>> Arrggg. I'm not seeing "The Old Sourdough's" posts again.

    >>Funny. I thought it was only me. I always see replies to his posts, but
    >>never any trace of the posts themselves.

    > Yeah, Mara couldn't see him either about a month or two ago and he
    > supposedly fixed it.
    >
    > I know she runs NewsProxy, as do I. Do you?

    Nope. Straight from the news server to Pan 0.133.

    Aardvark, May 6, 2009