Re: full duplex

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by WW, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. WW

    WW Guest

    My answer would be :
    serial is full duplex, parallel is only half-duplex.

    This is because if you are connected to the internet via a dial-up modem
    connected to a serial port, you can simultaneously download a file, and surf
    web pages. This means data is being transfered in both directions at once.

    With a typical parallel port application, such as a printer, or older type
    external CD-ROM drive, data needs to be transfered in both directions but
    not simultaneously.

    WW, Feb 14, 2006

  2. WW

    Linda Guest

    On 14/02/06, Mark wrote:

    > thanks ..... needed that clearing up as i have a+ core on friday morning

    Once you've grasped the principle, the way I found to remember it is...
    Serial - Simultaneous (SS)

    Good Luck for Friday :)
    Linda, Feb 14, 2006