Re: Fuji S7000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nathan Gutman, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. I got the S7000 about a month ago. Being my first digicam I had a lots
    to learn to get the images I wanted. Our weather does not yet permit
    much of outdoors photography so I had to settle for indoors orchid
    shots.
    If you like to see them I will e-mail them to you directly.

    Sofar the only weak points I found are not related to the camera
    itself.
    1. The User's Guide is poorly produced on cheap paper making it hard
    on my eyes. It doesn't have an alphabetical index so to find a subject
    one must hunt through the table of contents.

    2. The software supplied with the camera is just about useless.
    Especially useless is the RAW converter.

    To compensate I use ther free Irfanview for viewing and limited
    editing, and the free s7raw for a RAW converter.

    In general, I believe that the S7000, about $450 after Fuji's $100
    rebate is a great value.

    Nathan Gutman, Apr 1, 2004