Re: Fuji S7000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CyTaN, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. CyTaN

    CyTaN Guest

    Hi all.
    I have had my S700 for about 2 months now, I upgraded from a kodak DC 260
    and the picture quality is tops.
    The only down side that find is that I just dont want to put the camera
    down.
    I am using the fuji 256 meg XD memory card and using the view finder and not
    the screen to take the photos and getting 60 or so shots using the flash to
    a set of batteries.
    I also use the raw file format and each shot is about 16 meg in size before
    converting it with photoshop cs and the resulting pdf size is about 34 meg,
    but the workability of the raw format is fantstic.
    I would highly recommend the camera to anyone.

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking of upgrading my camera to the Fuji S7000, can anyone give me
    > comments on what are the cameras best and worst points.
    > If you are a S7000 owner knowing what you now know about the camera would
    > you still buy it.
    > The official specification says the memory is either XD cards or

    microdrive,
    > but several sites I have looked at say that some compactflash cards will
    > work, is this correct is anyone using compact flash cards. My current

    camera

    CyTaN, Apr 1, 2004

  2. CyTaN

    mickydeeNYC Guest

    I have two 256mb CF cards by Sandisk - both work just fine in my S700.
    I love this camera. I still want for flexibility with filters,
    lenses, etc... but I think that will have to wait until the digi SLRs
    get this good at this price.

    mickydeeNYC, Apr 2, 2004

  3. CyTaN

    Bill Guest

    You can get filters for it. You just need the apapter ring.

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004