Re: ftp pasv and microsoft client

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Geoff, May 7, 2004.

  1. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    > If its Active, is there a way I can force the dos ftp client to run in
    > PASV mode?

    it doesn't do pasv mode
    Geoff, May 7, 2004

  2. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Drew wrote:
    > Thanks for the speedy reply. Can anyone suggest what ftp client I
    > should use for doing pasv mode transfers?
    >
    > Drew
    >

    > On Fri, 7 May 2004 13:08:18 +0100, "Geoff" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>> If its Active, is there a way I can force the dos ftp client to run
    >>> in PASV mode?

    >> it doesn't do pasv mode

    nothing i know on the cmd line(anyone??)
    bullet proof ftp is good though
    Geoff, May 7, 2004

  3. Geoff

    AG Guest

    It's not command line but I'm using Filezilla here and I like it a bunch.
    It's free too.
    I've been using it for a couple of weeks with uniformly excellent results.
    I've used the Linux command line lots of times go get files.
    AG

    AG, May 7, 2004
  4. Geoff

    AG Guest

    "SchroedingerzKat" <> wrote in message
    > >It's not command line but I'm using Filezilla here and I like it a bunch.
    > >It's free too.
    > >I've been using it for a couple of weeks with uniformly excellent

    results.
    > >I've used the Linux command line lots of times go get files.

    > I use wget almost exclusively for any file greater than a few meg. It's
    > command line, but I'm sure there are GUI front ends. Works on win with a
    > couple of DLL's.
    >
    > wget ftp://ftp.com/file to start, and wget -c ftp://ftp.com/file to

    continue.

    > I suppose it does either mode, but I haven't checked.
    >
    > Michael

    My biggest problem with Linux FTP is that when I FTP directly into external
    sites and download large files I can use up ALL of our extra bandwidth. :)
    That really slows down everything else like the other administrators who are
    Secure Shelling into the servers. Lately I've had to either use Win98 to
    download or use a download program and slow the download down.
    AG
    AG, May 12, 2004