Re: From W/Vista 32 bit to W/7 64 bit....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:15:47 -0500, "J. Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >We just bought a new HP PC with Windows-7 64-bit, but all our software is
    >32-bit. Will these same programs work on 64 bit? I personally need
    >Photofiltre but fear it will not work on W-7. Can anyone shed light on
    >this? Will I have to either buy or seek out all new software for the new
    >PC?

    http://photofiltre.en.softonic.com/

    It's compatible. Make sure you have the most recent version.

    If it didn't, it's just a lowly freeware program anyway. You could
    find something else for the same price.

    Win7 64 will play nice with many 32 bit programs. There are a few that
    won't.

    If you have all the programs still installed on a 32 bit machine you
    can download the "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" and run it on your old
    machine. It will tell you what will work, what will work if patched,
    and what won't work.
    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Sep 9, 2010