Re: Fritzbox 7270 or 7390

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Philippe Deleye, Nov 26, 2010.

  1. "Nigel" <> schreef in bericht
    > I don't really need the media storage space on the 7390 but the 2 USB
    > would be useful., and I am not sure about the extra frequency for the N
    > wlan.

    The 7390 works fine and is a great Box, but a bit expensive if you don't
    need all the features like VDSL2...

    The 2 frequency wireless is a big advantge as - unless other routers - it
    sends simultaneously on both frequencies.
    On top if that you also have a "guest account" to make wireless avalaibale
    to your guests, without opening you private network to them (only internet)

    Not sure why you need 2 USB, because on the previous boxes (7170, 7270), you
    can have a USB hub connected, to attach more USB devices (please note the
    USB hub counts as one device, means that you can attach max 3 devices to one
    USB port)

    I have it running now with the international Firmware, and it syncs at 30
    mbps (6 mbps upload). Great !

    Philippe
    Belgium
    Philippe Deleye, Nov 26, 2010

  2. On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:54:05 +0100, Philippe Deleye <> wrote:
    > The 7390 works fine and is a great Box, but a bit expensive if you don't
    > need all the features like VDSL2...

    I think only the 7270 and 7570 support IPv6 today, so if you want a future
    proof model, pick the 7270.

    http://www.avm.de/en/news/artikel/IPv6_Lab.html

    Andy
    Andy Davidson, Nov 27, 2010