Re: Fritzbox 7170

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ria J, Dec 3, 2010.

  1. Ria J

    Ria J Guest

    On 02/12/10 10:31, Nigel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think my problem with Pbxes is the firmware with the Fritzbox. Any body
    > knows how I can down grade it to a previous one?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nigel

    What firmware do you currently have..?

    --
    Much love,
    Ria xx
    Ria J, Dec 3, 2010

  2. Ria J

    Ria J Guest

    On 03/12/10 20:26, Nigel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think it is:-
    >
    > Sprache: Deutsch
    > Version: 29.04.80
    >
    > That is the only thing i have changed so it must be that reason.
    >
    > thanks

    That's the Annex B German language version, right..?

    I've had a look on the AVM ftp server and the only version of the German
    firmware they have there is that one, but re-installing it might help,
    it's worth a try..?

    If you want to give it a go, point your ftp client at the following:

    ftp.avm.de//fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7170/x_misc/deutsch

    and download the file fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.04.80.recover-image.exe

    This will erase whatever is there and replace it with the version
    specified in the filename.

    When you download a new firmware version, it's always worth making sure
    you have the recovery file for the *previous* one, just in case.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Much love,
    Ria xx
    Ria J, Dec 3, 2010

  3. Ria J

    Ria J Guest

    On 03/12/10 21:32, Ria J wrote:
    > On 03/12/10 20:26, Nigel wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I think it is:-
    >>
    >> Sprache: Deutsch
    >> Version: 29.04.80
    >>
    >> That is the only thing i have changed so it must be that reason.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    > That's the Annex B German language version, right..?
    >
    > I've had a look on the AVM ftp server and the only version of the German
    > firmware they have there is that one, but re-installing it might help,
    > it's worth a try..?
    >
    > If you want to give it a go, point your ftp client at the following:
    >
    > ftp.avm.de//fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7170/x_misc/deutsch
    >
    > and download the file fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.04.80.recover-image.exe
    >
    > This will erase whatever is there and replace it with the version
    > specified in the filename.
    >
    > When you download a new firmware version, it's always worth making sure
    > you have the recovery file for the *previous* one, just in case.
    >
    > Hope this helps,

    Oops typo one too many slashes in the file path, try

    Ria J, Dec 3, 2010