Re: Fritz 7170 Voip Priority

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by philippe_d, May 12, 2011.

  1. philippe_d

    philippe_d Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Question, Is there anyway to force the Fritz Box to give
    > Absolute priority to Voip Data?

    For QoS to work on the Fritz, you should manually set your real (realistic)
    internet speeds, especially on low bandwith lines. The real speeds are
    usually lower than the sync speed.
    And of course use a bandwith-friendly codec.
    philippe_d, May 12, 2011

  2. philippe_d

    openaf Guest

    Le 16/05/2011 08:45, Anti-Spam a écrit :
    > On Thu, 12 May 2011 23:55:50 +0200, "philippe_d"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Anti-Spam"<> schreef in bericht
    >>> Question, Is there anyway to force the Fritz Box to give
    >>> Absolute priority to Voip Data?

    >> For QoS to work on the Fritz, you should manually set your real (realistic)
    >> internet speeds, especially on low bandwith lines. The real speeds are
    >> usually lower than the sync speed.
    >> And of course use a bandwith-friendly codec.
    >>

    > If I have any dislikes about this box, it is the way the menu system
    > works. I can't find where I change the settings for telling the box,
    > what my connection speed is. Can you help please.
    > My download speed is 0.8M and Upload is 0.3M

    Settings > advanced settings > internet> account information > Set the
    speeds of the DSL line manually

    --
    Cordialement,

    __o