Re: Friend in USA - cheapest way for them to call me UK

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., May 29, 2009.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "securiy" <> wrote in message
    >I have a friend in USA , shes there touring all over USA for the next month
    > she will be calling via mobile , sim card bought locally
    >
    > Now i also have a voiphone ( UK ) 0560 number
    >
    > A) will that be cheaper for her to call rather than
    > my own BT landline
    >
    > B) how would she call
    > +44 0560 ? would that work
    >
    > C) any other ideas and recommendations such
    > as setting up a voip USA number
    >
    > IDEAS PLEASE !

    Set up an account with orbtalk.co.uk, it is immaterial which
    STD code you choose.
    Then set up an account with ipkall.com which will give you
    a Washington State number.

    In the account details for ipkall select:

    account type = SIP
    SIP phone number = orbtalk 7 digit user ID, not the phone number!!
    SIP proxy = talk.orbtalk.co.uk
    password = ipkall password

    now when the Washington number is dialled the call is forwarded
    to the device logged into the Orbtalk account.

    Works well for me.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%