Re: Freeware RAM tray monitor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ardent, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:47:53 -0500, Sarah Houston
    <> wrote:

    >What's a good little 2008 freeware RAM tray monitor. I just want to see if
    >I need more than the 512 megs I have now, if it's all getting used, or
    >nearly all, or what, in real time.

    Just look for a little program called TClockX. I will not only display
    the free memory in the task bar but you can also display the day date
    and year, it is highly cusatomizable.

    It works in 98, ME and XP

    Unless you work with video, music editing and the like 512 mb should
    be ok for regular web surfing

    HTH

    Sandy
    Ardent, Apr 17, 2008

  2. Ardent

    Guest

    Sarah Houston <> wrote:

    >Anyone remember them things called vacuum tubes and dtl? )

    :) I used to repair T.V.'s when I was young, it involved taking the
    vacuum tubes to Radio Shack, test them on their machine and buying
    replacements.

    Just can't repair a T.V. that easily anymore.

    >Might be more cost effective to just replace the whole thing with one of
    >these newfangled dual core thingamabobs? :)

    That would be a good Idea. Then you could enjoy Call Of Duty 4, always
    sleep better after taking out a couple hundred kids :)
    --

    May contain...
    http://www.mofaha.com/b3ta/tracesofpeanuts.jpg