Re: Freeware EXIF Editor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bigguy, Dec 23, 2009.

  1. Bigguy

    Bigguy Guest

    Bart Bailey wrote:
    > Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware)
    > that will allow editing of all fields?
    > Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter.
    > TIA

    Exifer - basic but free + it works...

    http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

    Guy

    Bigguy, Dec 23, 2009

  2. Bigguy

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<> posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009
    11:13:11 +0000, Bigguy wrote: Begin

    >Bart Bailey wrote:
    >> Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware)
    >> that will allow editing of all fields?
    >> Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter.
    >> TIA

    >Exifer - basic but free + it works...
    >
    >http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
    >
    >Guy

    I don't do so well in German and can't find the English option

    Bart Bailey, Dec 23, 2009

  3. Bigguy

    Bigguy Guest

    Bart Bailey wrote:
    > In Message-ID:<> posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009
    > 11:13:11 +0000, Bigguy wrote: Begin
    >
    >> Bart Bailey wrote:
    >>> Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware)
    >>> that will allow editing of all fields?
    >>> Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter.
    >>> TIA

    >> Exifer - basic but free + it works...
    >>
    >> http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
    >>
    >> Guy

    > I don't do so well in German and can't find the English option

    direct download link here;

    http://www.tucows.com/adnload/281273_106644.html

    Also;

    http://www.photo-freeware.net/exifer.php

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/Exifer.shtml

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/Exifer.html

    http://download.cnet.com/Exifer/3000-2192_4-10142150.html

    Bigguy, Dec 24, 2009
  4. Bigguy

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<> posted on Thu, 24 Dec 2009
    13:29:23 +0000, Bigguy wrote: Begin

    >Bart Bailey wrote:
    >> In Message-ID:<> posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009
    >> 11:13:11 +0000, Bigguy wrote: Begin

    >>> Exifer - basic but free + it works...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
    >>>
    >>> Guy

    >> I don't do so well in German and can't find the English option

    >direct download link here;
    >
    >http://www.tucows.com/adnload/281273_106644.html
    >
    >Also;
    >
    >http://www.photo-freeware.net/exifer.php
    >
    >http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/Exifer.shtml
    >
    >http://www.snapfiles.com/get/Exifer.html
    >
    >http://download.cnet.com/Exifer/3000-2192_4-10142150.html

    I discovered that in the German version
    if I looked under the heading "Datei" then "Sprache"
    I could select for English but I still can't figure out how to edit makermarks.
    Explanation - I got a used camera and took some pics with the previous owner's
    name still in the EXIF and rather than strip the whole thing, I'd like to edit
    my name into those pics I've taken without destroying all the other exposure
    data. The EXIF reads correct now and I guess those shots weren't that important
    that they can't be re-done.

    Bart Bailey, Dec 24, 2009
  5. Bigguy

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 24 Dec 2009 in rec.photo.digital, Bart Bailey wrote:

    > Explanation - I got a used camera and took some pics with the
    > previous owner's name still in the EXIF and rather than strip the
    > whole thing, I'd like to edit my name into those pics I've taken
    > without destroying all the other exposure data. The EXIF reads
    > correct now and I guess those shots weren't that important that they
    > can't be re-done.

    If you're on Windows, see if IrfanView will edit those fields:

    http://irfanview.com/

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/

    Joe Makowiec, Dec 24, 2009
  6. Bigguy

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<Xns9CEB68835DCAmakowiecatnycapdotrE@85.214.113.135> posted on
    Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:16:34 +0000 (UTC), Joe Makowiec wrote: Begin

    >On 24 Dec 2009 in rec.photo.digital, Bart Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> Explanation - I got a used camera and took some pics with the
    >> previous owner's name still in the EXIF and rather than strip the
    >> whole thing, I'd like to edit my name into those pics I've taken
    >> without destroying all the other exposure data. The EXIF reads
    >> correct now and I guess those shots weren't that important that they
    >> can't be re-done.

    >If you're on Windows, see if IrfanView will edit those fields:
    >
    >http://irfanview.com/

    Thanks
    I have the latest v4.25 of IView and like a lot of its features,
    but sadly it won't edit the EXIF, only display or delete it.

    Bart Bailey, Dec 24, 2009