Re: Freeware EXIF Editor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ray, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. ray

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:43:55 -0800, Bart Bailey wrote:

    > Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware) that will allow editing of
    > all fields? Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter. TIA

    Suggest you try 'exiv2' - but it's not 'freeware', it's Open Source. See
    www.exiv2.org.
    ray, Dec 22, 2009

  2. ray

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<> posted on 22 Dec 2009 23:03:29
    GMT, ray wrote: Begin

    >On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:43:55 -0800, Bart Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware) that will allow editing of
    >> all fields? Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter. TIA

    >Suggest you try 'exiv2' - but it's not 'freeware', it's Open Source. See
    >www.exiv2.org.

    Thanks, I tried to figure out how to create an extraction to some file that I
    could edit and then re-import. but had no success.
    Bart Bailey, Dec 23, 2009

  3. ray

    Alex Monro Guest

    Bart Bailey wrote:

    > In Message-ID:<> posted on 22 Dec 2009
    > 23:03:29 GMT, ray wrote: Begin
    >
    >>On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:43:55 -0800, Bart Bailey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there an EXIF editor (preferably freeware) that will allow editing of
    >>> all fields? Edit in the app or export-edit-import, doesn't matter. TIA

    >>Suggest you try 'exiv2' - but it's not 'freeware', it's Open Source. See
    >>www.exiv2.org.

    > Thanks, I tried to figure out how to create an extraction to some file
    > that I could edit and then re-import. but had no success.

    exiv2 is just a program library. You need to write a program around it
    to use it. For a complete, ready to go application, you might do
    better with exiftool:

    http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
    Alex Monro, Dec 23, 2009
  4. ray

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:23:49 +0000, Alex Monro wrote:

    > Bart Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> In Message-ID:<> posted on 22 Dec 2009
    >> 23:03:29 GMT, ray wrote: Begin

    >>>Suggest you try 'exiv2' - but it's not 'freeware', it's Open Source.
    >>>See www.exiv2.org.

    >> Thanks, I tried to figure out how to create an extraction to some file
    >> that I could edit and then re-import. but had no success.

    > exiv2 is just a program library. You need to write a program around it
    > to use it. For a complete, ready to go application, you might do better
    > with exiftool:
    >
    > http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    The exiv2 executable implements the library for you:

    exiv2 is a program to read and write Exif, IPTC and XMP image metadata
    and image comments. Supported formats are JPEG, Canon CRW, Canon THM
    and XMP sidecar files. Read-only support is currently available for
    JP2, PNG, PSD and TIFF format and includes TIFF-based RAW formats:
    Adobe DNG, Canon CR2, Fujifilm RAF, Minolta MRW, Nikon NEF, Olympus
    ORF, Pentax PEF, Sony ARW and Sony SR2.
    ray, Dec 23, 2009
  5. ray

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<hgsr3o$egq$-september.org> posted on Wed, 23 Dec
    2009 10:23:49 +0000, Alex Monro wrote: Begin

    >exiv2 is just a program library. You need to write a program around it
    >to use it. For a complete, ready to go application, you might do
    >better with exiftool:

    I think I might do better with a windows GUI (in English)
    Bart Bailey, Dec 23, 2009