Re: Freeview HD TV - Aerial question

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by greg, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    Corky wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I currently have Sky TV in one of my lounge rooms and a splitter
    > running into a second lounge into a Hills box to view Freeview on. I
    > am thinking of buying a new TV set with Freeview HD installed.
    >
    > The question is can I still run the Freeview through the current
    > system (all from Sky dish) or will I need to get a UHF aerial
    > installed and run the Freeview directly from the UHF aerial.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    You will need a uhf aerial, and maybe a signal booster depending on the
    strength of the signal, as the freview HD is a terrestrial transmitter
    not a satellite transmitter (DVB-T vs DVB-S).

    Greg
    greg, Apr 11, 2009

  2. greg

    Woger Guest

    On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:15:34 +1200, greg <> wrote:

    >Corky wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I currently have Sky TV in one of my lounge rooms and a splitter
    >> running into a second lounge into a Hills box to view Freeview on. I
    >> am thinking of buying a new TV set with Freeview HD installed.
    >>
    >> The question is can I still run the Freeview through the current
    >> system (all from Sky dish) or will I need to get a UHF aerial
    >> installed and run the Freeview directly from the UHF aerial.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>

    >You will need a uhf aerial, and maybe a signal booster depending on the
    >strength of the signal, as the freview HD is a terrestrial transmitter
    >not a satellite transmitter (DVB-T vs DVB-S).
    >
    >Greg

    I was warned by my old Boss that you can get problems if you boost a DVB-T to
    much, my booster (Kingray) has 2 pots to adj the gain on the TV1-III and
    UHF.
    Woger, Apr 12, 2009