Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by whosbest54, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. whosbest54

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <>, trucker@trucker
    says...

    >In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1, with
    >firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
    >passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
    >handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
    >enabled.
    >
    >Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
    >connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

    Based on your setup, it is extremely unlikely that an outsider is
    freeloading.

    Log onto your router's setup web page and see if there is a place where you
    can see a network client list. Several of the Linksys routers have that.

    whosbest54

    http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

    http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html

    whosbest54, Sep 10, 2008