Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:52:54 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:

    > In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1, with
    > firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
    > passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
    > handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
    > enabled.
    >
    > Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
    > connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

    Yes.

    Dan C, Sep 10, 2008

  2. The Wheel Man wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:52:54 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:
    >>
    >>> In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1,
    >>> with
    >>> firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
    >>> passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
    >>> handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
    >>> enabled.
    >>>
    >>> Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
    >>> connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

    >> Yes.
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    >>

    > Thank you for the sophomoric response. Would you have any useful information
    > to share-- or are you just a sarcastic wiseass who manages to alienate
    > everyone he meets?

    He answered your question. Perhaps you asked the wrong one.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 10, 2008

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:40:41 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:

    >>> Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
    >>> connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

    >> Yes.

    > Thank you for the sophomoric response. Would you have any useful
    > information to share-- or are you just a sarcastic wiseass who manages
    > to alienate everyone he meets?

    Others have already said it, so I'll be brief in repetition... I answered
    the fucking question you asked. If you had wanted some other answer, you
    should have asked a different fucking question.

    Now bugger off, dimwit.

    Dan C, Sep 11, 2008