Re: Free web hosting options?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Usenet Account, Mar 17, 2013.

  1. On 17/03/2013 2:55 PM, Photography by James wrote:
    > I am using NET16 to host a photography gallery and I'm very frustrated!
    >
    > Their domain is blocked by Facebook, many proxies, and plenty of ISPs.
    > They also hold my changes, sometimes for more than 24 hours, "pending
    > review" as if a few lines of javascript and images I have created MYSELF
    > will somehow be illegal or offensive.
    >
    > Does anyone have recent positive experience with free web hosting sites?
    > Or, am I going to have to bite the bullet and spend for domain
    > registration and hosting?
    >
    > --James
    > (near literal starving artist)

    Smugmug, Flikr, 500px are all pretty popular. Try using a Tinyurl and
    see if that works with Facebook.

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Usenet Account, Mar 17, 2013

  2. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:24:20 -0400, Usenet Account
    <> wrote:

    >On 17/03/2013 2:55 PM, Photography by James wrote:
    >> I am using NET16 to host a photography gallery and I'm very frustrated!
    >>
    >> Their domain is blocked by Facebook, many proxies, and plenty of ISPs.
    >> They also hold my changes, sometimes for more than 24 hours, "pending
    >> review" as if a few lines of javascript and images I have created MYSELF
    >> will somehow be illegal or offensive.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have recent positive experience with free web hosting sites?
    >> Or, am I going to have to bite the bullet and spend for domain
    >> registration and hosting?
    >>
    >> --James
    >> (near literal starving artist)
    >>

    >Smugmug,

    SmugMug is not free. I have a SmugMug site, and I pay for it.

    >Flikr, 500px are all pretty popular. Try using a Tinyurl and
    >see if that works with Facebook.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Mar 17, 2013