Re: Free Voip In for Skype

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Apr 6, 2010.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    > FREE! Ring2Skype for Skype
    >
    > It works well too just tried it :)
    >
    > Stephen

    It works well, dosn't it?
    Even to a Skypephone S2 :)

    I have another service that does much the same thing but it won't ring an S2, I suspect it's not presenting the call long enough for
    the S2 to respond.

    I'm sure you realise this, but some people won't; you can store the extention number
    after a "p" (pause) in a mobiles phonebook.
    You can do the same on most non-mobile phones too.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 6, 2010

  2. Graham.

    Dom Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >> FREE! Ring2Skype for Skype
    >>
    >> It works well too just tried it :)
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > It works well, dosn't it?
    > Even to a Skypephone S2 :)
    >
    > I have another service that does much the same thing but it won't ring an
    > S2, I suspect it's not presenting the call long enough for the S2 to
    > respond.
    >
    > I'm sure you realise this, but some people won't; you can store the
    > extention number
    > after a "p" (pause) in a mobiles phonebook.
    > You can do the same on most non-mobile phones too.

    Skype to 3 skype works fine
    3 skype to skype works
    ring2skype to pc works fine
    BUT ring2skype to 3 skype "we can not connect your call"

    Mobivox rings the 3skype ok

    What is teh otehr service that you use?

    Tanks DOm

    Dom, Apr 6, 2010

  3. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Dom" <> wrote in message news:eek:7Hun.376831$2...

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message news:hpf5bb$oe1$-september.org...
    >>
    >>> FREE! Ring2Skype for Skype
    >>>
    >>> It works well too just tried it :)
    >>>
    >>> Stephen

    >> It works well, dosn't it?
    >> Even to a Skypephone S2 :)
    >>
    >> I have another service that does much the same thing but it won't ring an S2, I suspect it's not presenting the call long enough
    >> for the S2 to respond.
    >>
    >> I'm sure you realise this, but some people won't; you can store the extention number
    >> after a "p" (pause) in a mobiles phonebook.
    >> You can do the same on most non-mobile phones too.
    >>

    > Skype to 3 skype works fine
    > 3 skype to skype works
    > ring2skype to pc works fine
    > BUT ring2skype to 3 skype "we can not connect your call"
    >
    > Mobivox rings the 3skype ok
    >
    > What is teh otehr service that you use?
    >
    > Tanks DOm

    Is the 3Skype a Skypephone S2?
    Is it logged in? I mean can you call it from a PC?
    Might seem a basic question but some of us have noticed they seem to log
    themselves out since they received a software *downgrade* a while back.

    I thought someone would ask me about the "other service" I was actually saving
    this information until such time that it is generally available to use but as you asked...
    ....it is SIPGATE.COM (sipgate US) AKA Sipgate One.

    It appeared I just struck lucky, I logged on to a couple of free accounts I had just at
    the right time, a few months ago. From what I can gather they enabled the Skype functionality for the duration of a trade show.

    It allowed me to put two Skype icons in my Settings screen and point them at two Skype usernames.
    An incoming call to the Sipgate.com PABX (the web interface is a simple IP PABX unlike sipgate.co.uk)
    can be forwarded to a Skype user.

    The Skype function configured in my accounts has remained even though you can't add it anymore.

    More bad news :(
    It was always difficult to sign up from outside the US, you need to use a proxy server.
    Things are even tighter now, you need a US cellphone to receive a. SMS as part of the sign up procedure.

    I did manage to acquire a US DDI for each account, one of them was withdrawn through lack of use,
    for some reason the other one wasn't, it still works.

    You don't actually need the sipgate US DDI, I managed to forward a UK DDI to the URI of the sipgate.com account.

    Gordon, if you are reading this I know I need to get out more ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 6, 2010
  4. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    If you have the need to do this the other way round
    ie. make outgoing calls from the Skype client in the Skypephone to the PSTN
    you might be interested in these notes I put together
    http://skypegateway.webs.com/

    My lad doesn't bother with top-ups for his "3" S2. No point ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 6, 2010
  5. Graham.

    Dom Guest

    >> Skype to 3 skype works fine
    >> 3 skype to skype works
    >> ring2skype to pc works fine
    >> BUT ring2skype to 3 skype "we can not connect your call"
    >>
    >> Mobivox rings the 3skype ok
    >>
    >> What is teh otehr service that you use?
    >>
    >> Tanks DOm

    > Is the 3Skype a Skypephone S2?
    > Is it logged in? I mean can you call it from a PC?
    > Might seem a basic question but some of us have noticed they seem to log
    > themselves out since they received a software *downgrade* a while back.

    The 3 mobile was definitely logged in. I have tried throughout the day and
    ring2skype will not connect.
    Yet MOBIVOX connects fine and PC connects ok.
    Have double checked skype name on the new account and its correct
    :-(

    Dom, Apr 6, 2010
  6. Graham.

    divoch Guest

    "Dom" <> wrote in message

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> FREE! Ring2Skype for Skype
    >>>
    >>> It works well too just tried it :)
    >>>
    >>> Stephen

    >> It works well, dosn't it?
    >> Even to a Skypephone S2 :)
    >>
    >> I have another service that does much the same thing but it won't ring an
    >> S2, I suspect it's not presenting the call long enough for the S2 to
    >> respond.
    >>
    >> I'm sure you realise this, but some people won't; you can store the
    >> extention number
    >> after a "p" (pause) in a mobiles phonebook.
    >> You can do the same on most non-mobile phones too.
    >>

    > Skype to 3 skype works fine
    > 3 skype to skype works
    > ring2skype to pc works fine
    > BUT ring2skype to 3 skype "we can not connect your call"
    >
    > Mobivox rings the 3skype ok
    >
    > What is teh otehr service that you use?

    Looks as a great idea, but it does not work, at least not for me for several
    hours I subscribed ( and got Prague number). I am getting "we can not
    connect your call right now please try later" whether I have Skypephone S2
    connected to Skype at the same time as PC Skype, or I turn it off -:(
    divoch

    divoch, Apr 6, 2010
  7. Graham.

    divoch Guest

    "Dom" <> wrote in message
    >>> Skype to 3 skype works fine
    >>> 3 skype to skype works
    >>> ring2skype to pc works fine
    >>> BUT ring2skype to 3 skype "we can not connect your call"
    >>>
    >>> Mobivox rings the 3skype ok
    >>>
    >>> What is teh otehr service that you use?
    >>>
    >>> Tanks DOm

    >> Is the 3Skype a Skypephone S2?
    >> Is it logged in? I mean can you call it from a PC?
    >> Might seem a basic question but some of us have noticed they seem to log
    >> themselves out since they received a software *downgrade* a while back.

    > The 3 mobile was definitely logged in. I have tried throughout the day and
    > ring2skype will not connect.
    > Yet MOBIVOX connects fine and PC connects ok.
    > Have double checked skype name on the new account and its correct
    > :-(

    Did you add ring2skype.net to your Skype contact list? It seems essential as
    I found from ring2skype.net support just now.
    divoch

    divoch, Apr 6, 2010
  8. Graham.

    Dom Guest

    > Did you add ring2skype.net to your Skype contact list? It seems essential
    > as I found from ring2skype.net support just now.

    Added them to my 3mobile contact list and YES IT NOW WORKS.

    Cheers

    Dom

    Dom, Apr 6, 2010