Re: "Free" 'Two Towers' at Blockbusters

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by FredBillie, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. FredBillie

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Arkon24fps"
    Date: Sat, Aug 16, 2003 10:09 AM

    "Invid Fan" <> wrote in message
    news:130820031456020071%...
    > I haven't seen anyone mention it here yet, but Blockbusters is running
    > a promotion similar to the one they had for 'Fellowship of the Ring'
    > and 'Spiderman'. Buy a 7 week rental card (one rental a week) for the
    > slightly inflated price of $30 and get the Two Towers free. If like me
    > you were thinking of just getting the extended version, this is a good
    > way to get both cheaply, especially since there's probably a coupon for
    > the other version with the first disk. There were some new Hong Kong
    > films at Blockbusters I was going to rent anyways, this works out well
    > :)
    >
    > --
    > Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    > 'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    > -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Why bother, Blockbuster will only likely have full screen versions of the
    disc anyway. No, this time I will wait for the expanded box set version.
    >><BR><BR>

    Well, they have a different spin on the offer in Houston. Buy THE DVD and then
    get 7 free rentals. Also, on prior deals like this, I was always asked if I
    wanted the Wide screen or full (hah) screen version.
    FredBillie, Aug 17, 2003