Re: free news server?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:McEVa.586524$...
    > can sombody give me the name of or link to a COMPLETLY free news server.

    THX

    news.cis.dfn.de

    is a good one, free. you need to register with a valid email
    they may take a few days to get back to you
    philo, Jul 30, 2003

  2. philo wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> can sombody give me the name of or link to a COMPLETLY free news
    >> server. THX

    > news.cis.dfn.de is a good one, free. you need to register with a valid

    email
    > they may take a few days to get back to you

    That's been a good one over the years. Are there any others?

    --
    Mitch A. Kaboola
    Mitch A. Kaboola, Jul 30, 2003

  3. philo

    Jimchip Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:37:02 GMT, Mitch A. Kaboola wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> can sombody give me the name of or link to a COMPLETLY free news
    >>> server. THX

    >> news.cis.dfn.de is a good one, free. you need to register with a valid

    > email
    >> they may take a few days to get back to you

    > That's been a good one over the years. Are there any others?

    Check the alt.free.newsservers newsgroup. There were a few new (to me)
    ones mentioned recently.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.
    Jimchip, Jul 30, 2003
  4. philo

    trout Guest

    philo wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> can sombody give me the name of or link to a COMPLETLY free news
    >> server. THX

    > news.cis.dfn.de
    >
    > is a good one, free. you need to register with a valid email
    > they may take a few days to get back to you

    They've made a few changes.
    The old name will refer only to users of DFNNetNews.
    New individual users will have to register at:
    http://news.individual.net
    Same service.
    --
    "Which of course, remains text-only."