Re: Free Landline numbers for VOIP?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Jason, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:48:47 +0100, "Gareth Evans"
    <> wrote:

    >I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
    >sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
    >maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
    >preferably one thats's cheap.

    Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip

    Secondly -

    http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
    Offer free UK numbers.

    http://www.ipkall.com/
    Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.

    http://www.stanaphone.com/
    Do (used to?) free New York numbers.

    --

    Cheers,

    Jason.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Jason, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Jason

    Gareth Evans Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:48:47 +0100, "Gareth Evans"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
    >>sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
    >>maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
    >>preferably one thats's cheap.

    > Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip
    >
    > Secondly -
    >
    > http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
    > Offer free UK numbers.
    >
    > http://www.ipkall.com/
    > Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.
    >
    > http://www.stanaphone.com/
    > Do (used to?) free New York numbers.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Jason.
    >
    > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    > A: Top-posting.
    > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

    Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!

    Gareth
    Gareth Evans, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Gareth Evans wrote:
    > "Jason" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:48:47 +0100, "Gareth Evans"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
    >>>sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
    >>>maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
    >>>preferably one thats's cheap.

    >>Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip
    >>
    >>Secondly -
    >>
    >>http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
    >>Offer free UK numbers.
    >>
    >>http://www.ipkall.com/
    >>Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.
    >>
    >>http://www.stanaphone.com/
    >>Do (used to?) free New York numbers.
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Jason.
    >>
    >>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    >>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    >>A: Top-posting.
    >>Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

    > Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!
    >
    > Gareth

    Does anyone know a company that sells/gives phone numbers in russia?
    Thomas Rankin, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Jason

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Gareth Evans" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!
    >
    > Gareth

    Cue Dex and Stefan...

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Jason

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    >"Gareth Evans" <> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!
    >>
    >> Gareth

    >Cue Dex and Stefan...
    >
    >Ivor

    You're asking for trouble. For God's sake don't encourage them, they
    talk enough rubbish as it is.

    DF
    David Floyd, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Jason

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > In message of Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    [snip]

    > > Cue Dex and Stefan...
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > You're asking for trouble. For God's sake don't encourage
    > them, they talk enough rubbish as it is.

    Sorry..! Don't think they need much encouragement..! (Just getting my own
    back, let me off just this once..!)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Jason

    Guest

    > Does anyone know a company that sells/gives phone numbers in russia?

    www.telphin.com
    , Aug 17, 2005