Re: Free DVDs??? Interesting...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ccmc, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. ccmc

    ccmc Guest

    Agreed that I wouldn't trust the site as it is, but if anyone is interested in tracking down more info on this, here is some info:

    www.mdvds.com resolves to 66.235.197.101
    OrgName: iPowerWeb, Inc.
    OrgID: IPOWE
    Address: 2800 28th Street Suite 205
    City: Santa Monica
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 90405
    Country: US
    NetRange: 66.235.192.0 - 66.235.207.255
    CIDR: 66.235.192.0/20
    NetName: IPOWERWEB-NET
    NetHandle: NET-66-235-192-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: RDNS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
    NameServer: RDNS2.IPOWERWEB.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2003-07-07
    Updated: 2003-07-07
    OrgTechHandle: PMA9-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Marcus, Philip
    OrgTechPhone: +1-310-314-1606
    OrgTechEmail:

    Recently I signed-up for a free dvd at http://www.mdvds.com/
    They says that they give out one free DVD a week. Well, at least my first one
    I already have. Cool site, but why they do this?

    Everything about this screams "credit card harvesting" to me. No contact
    info. Too good to be true offer. Content lifted from other sites.
    Misspellings and typos everywhere. You'd have to be a fool to give them your
    cc info, IMO.

    RichC

    ccmc, Jan 23, 2004