Re: Free batch rename software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by l_hodges@cix.compulink.co.uk, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Guest

    In article <CErCa.39$>,
    (David Eagle) wrote:

    > Folks, I need to rename a bunch of pictures, is there a (preferably)
    > free
    > software tool that does this?
    >
    > I have PaintShop Pro 7 and Adobe Elements 2, neither do this relatively
    > simple thing.
    >
    > All help appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks, David Eagle

    However PSP 8 does

    Lawrence C.Hodges

    , Sep 9, 2003

  2. Frogiswrong Guest

    Windows XP. Higlight all files, right click on any one and choose rename.
    give it a name and all selected files will change to the new name and have a
    numeric value. newname(1).jpg
    newname(2).jpg
    Basic... but it does the job.

    Frogiswrong, Sep 9, 2003

  3. In message <npj7b.402178$o%2.179194@sccrnsc02>, Tom
    <> writes

    ><> wrote in message
    >> In article <CErCa.39$>,
    >> (David Eagle) wrote:
    >>
    >> > Folks, I need to rename a bunch of pictures, is there a (preferably)
    >> > free
    >> > software tool that does this?

    >Yes. The best and the simplest is ckRename.
    >
    >Go here: http://www.musicsucks.com/CKSoft/CKRename/
    >
    >Irfanview does batch renames but a small, dedicated program like ckRename is
    >MUCH more intuitive, easily set up for each batch and used. I tried a bunch
    >of rename utilities and this was teh best of the lot.
    >
    >Tom

    I must admit that the batch rename in Irafanview IMO only bettered by
    Exifer where it can simultaneously rename and redate/retime files to
    their Exif taken data.

    Exifer and IrfanView are invaluable here despite having many
    alternatives on hand.
    --
    David Greenhough

    David Greenhough, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Steve Parus Guest

    ULead's Photoexplorer Ver 6 is free and allows renaming with many
    options. Their Ver 8 allows images to be re-ordered by dragging
    thumbnails with a mouse (it renames them by adding additional
    characters onto file name to establish that new order). After all are
    re-ordered, you can batch rename them.

    Steve Parus, Sep 10, 2003