Re: Freaky XP wireless

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in
    news:Xns9D44ADBD547D8snuhwolfyahoocom@216.196.97.142:

    > Odd, couldnt connect to my AP. Ipconfig /all show'd nuthin...El
    > Blanko...nada..zip...tried to "repair" the connection with the clicky
    > button and gotta message "failed to connect due to TCP/IP setting.
    > Hadda go all Properties on the device and then uncheck, OK, then re-
    > check the TCP/IP setting.

    The easiest and simplest way to correct such problems is to remove *all*
    adapters and protocols from network and reboot. Windows puts random
    drivers in there on hard shut downs. I've seen protocols that makes one
    wonder. Things like TV and radio adapters no less.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 24, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    rf Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Odd, couldnt connect to my AP. Ipconfig /all show'd nuthin...El
    >> Blanko...nada..zip...tried to "repair" the connection with the clicky
    >> button and gotta message "failed to connect due to TCP/IP setting.
    >> Hadda go all Properties on the device and then uncheck, OK, then re-
    >> check the TCP/IP setting.
    >>

    > The easiest and simplest way to correct such problems is to remove *all*
    > adapters and protocols from network and reboot. Windows puts random
    > drivers in there on hard shut downs.

    Bull Bloody Shit!

    > I've seen protocols that makes one
    > wonder. Things like TV and radio adapters no less.

    With your reading and comprehension skills I wouldn't be surprised at *what*
    you think you might have seen.
    rf, Mar 24, 2010

  3. Evan Platt wrote:

    > chucktard wrote:
    >> The easiest and simplest way to correct such problems is to remove
    >> *all* adapters and protocols from network and reboot.

    > Fail 1. You cannot - short of maybe a hack, uninstall or remove
    > TCP/IP in XP.
    >
    >> Windows puts random drivers in there on hard shut downs. I've seen
    >> protocols that makes one wonder. Things like TV and radio adapters
    >> no less.

    > Fail #2. No, you haven't seen that.

    Chucktard is a random driver that needs a hard shutdown, eh?

    --
    -bts
    -a bot .. a bot .. my kingdom for a bot ..
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 24, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    rf Guest

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> chucktard wrote:
    >>> The easiest and simplest way to correct such problems is to remove
    >>> *all* adapters and protocols from network and reboot.

    >> Fail 1. You cannot - short of maybe a hack, uninstall or remove
    >> TCP/IP in XP.
    >>
    >>> Windows puts random drivers in there on hard shut downs. I've seen
    >>> protocols that makes one wonder. Things like TV and radio adapters
    >>> no less.

    >> Fail #2. No, you haven't seen that.

    > Chucktard is a random driver that needs a hard shutdown, eh?

    At least the back-pedal subsystem seems to have been disabled.
    rf, Mar 24, 2010
  5. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> clouded the waters of pure thought with
    >
    >> "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Odd, couldnt connect to my AP. Ipconfig /all show'd nuthin...El
    >>> Blanko...nada..zip...tried to "repair" the connection with the
    >>> clicky button and gotta message "failed to connect due to TCP/IP
    >>> setting. Hadda go all Properties on the device and then uncheck,
    >>> OK, then re- check the TCP/IP setting.
    >>>

    >> The easiest and simplest way to correct such problems is to remove
    >> *all* adapters and protocols from network and reboot. Windows puts
    >> random drivers in there on hard shut downs. I've seen protocols
    >> that makes one wonder.
    >> Things like TV and radio adapters no less.
    >>

    > Were you on 'shrooms at the time?
    > Cause Ive seen some protocols that make me wonder if I really saw
    > them or if it was the 'shrooms.

    Then you don't know what you're talking about. This happens with device
    manager as well in a very similar manner.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 24, 2010
  6. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:50:00 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Then you don't know what you're talking about. This happens with
    >>device manager as well in a very similar manner.

    > So please tell how to remove / reinstall TCP/IP Protocol in XP.

    Since you actually bothered to ask nicely for once I'll answer. You
    remove everything and reboot. Any hardware that uses TCP/IP that's
    dectected by pnp will cause windows to automatically install it and will
    extract clean copies of the relevant dlls and programs such as tracert.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 24, 2010
  7. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:19:35 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > dectected

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Mar 24, 2010
  8. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    >> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:19:35 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Any hardware that uses TCP/IP that's dectected by pnp will cause
    >>>windows to automatically install it and will extract clean copies
    >>>of the relevant dlls and programs such as tracert.

    > Fascinating. If you two didnt have all this fucking emo baggage you
    > would find that I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS ON TEH INTANETS after
    > searching on the error message XP gave and did exactly what the forum
    > poasters had tried and found worked: go to Properties on the network
    > device and un-select TCP/IP for that and then click "OK".
    > THen go back and re-select TCP/IP and click "OK". It creates a FRESH
    > instance of the protocol and the fucker starts working again.
    > Seriously...Chucky is right in this instance.

    Please trim your posts.

    Of course. I *was* paid to do exactly that you know. Corrupted drivers.
    One of the first thing one needs to learn how to fix.

    There are cases where it *doesn't* work, but then the problem is with
    other things, such as malware for example. A lot of trojans will block
    user access to the internet so they can do their nasty stuff
    uninterupted and without being slowed down by othertasks sharing
    bandwidth. Trojans have hooks in the registry (not actual code, but
    something looking very similar to the way file associations work)
    that will reinstate the blockage once it's repaired. That's why
    regedit fixes for malware only work in safe mode a lot of the time.
    The registry isn't loaded with the OS in safe mode. By design.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 25, 2010
  9. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:53:49 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > uninterupted

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Mar 26, 2010