Re: FREAKS AND GEEKS Arrived Saturday!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Machina3317, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Machina3317

    Machina3317 Guest

    >From: (Jeffy3)

    >I got my special edition in the mail on Saturday. It comes like a
    >real yearbook and it's incredible!

    Too bad it's $120. I can get the regular edition for $50. Don't get me wrong,
    I was/am a huge fan of the show (and Undeclared - any news on that coming to
    DVD?), but is it really worth an extra $70 just for 2 more DVDs and a yearbook
    format. I think that's a little much. They could've charged $80 for it...
    Machina3317, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Machina3317

    JAM Guest

    "Machina3317" <> wrote in message
    > >From: (Jeffy3)

    > >I got my special edition in the mail on Saturday. It comes like a
    > >real yearbook and it's incredible!
    > >

    > Too bad it's $120. I can get the regular edition for $50. Don't get me

    wrong,
    > I was/am a huge fan of the show (and Undeclared - any news on that coming

    > DVD?), but is it really worth an extra $70 just for 2 more DVDs and a

    yearbook
    > format. I think that's a little much. They could've charged $80 for

    it...

    Can both of you tell us how the shows look? Is it a good master? How is
    the sound quality? Are you satisfied?
    JAM, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Machina3317

    Machina3317 Guest

    >From: "JAM"

    >Can both of you tell us how the shows look? Is it a good master? How is
    >the sound quality? Are you satisfied?

    It looks/sounds great! The picture is excellent quality and the reason it took
    so long to come out was because they wanted to get the rights to *all* of the
    music used on the show, so you know that's top notch. Lots of funny extras (as
    well as commentaries on EVERY episode). Damn, I miss that show.
    Machina3317, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Machina3317

    Jeffy3 Guest

    "JAM" <> wrote in message news:<_6zcc.1114$>...
    > "Machina3317" <> wrote in message
    > > >From: (Jeffy3)

    > > >I got my special edition in the mail on Saturday. It comes like a
    > > >real yearbook and it's incredible!
    > > >

    > > Too bad it's $120. I can get the regular edition for $50. Don't get me

    > wrong,
    > > I was/am a huge fan of the show (and Undeclared - any news on that coming

    > > DVD?), but is it really worth an extra $70 just for 2 more DVDs and a

    > yearbook
    > > format. I think that's a little much. They could've charged $80 for

    > it...
    >

    > Can both of you tell us how the shows look? Is it a good master? How is
    > the sound quality? Are you satisfied?

    I haven't watched one of the eps yet, but did watch some of the bonus
    disc which I believe is exclusive to the yearbook edition. It's a
    table read by the cast and it's pretty fascinating to watch.
    Jeffy3, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Machina3317

    Goro Guest

    UNIST (Machina3317) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >From: "JAM"

    > >Can both of you tell us how the shows look? Is it a good master? How is
    > >the sound quality? Are you satisfied?
    > >

    > It looks/sounds great! The picture is excellent quality and the reason it took
    > so long to come out was because they wanted to get the rights to *all* of the
    > music used on the show, so you know that's top notch. Lots of funny extras (as
    > well as commentaries on EVERY episode). Damn, I miss that show.

    agreed. it is absolutely excellent. i just got the standard edition,
    showed ep1 to some friends and they've all gone out to buy the sets
    (a) b/c the show was so good and (b) to support the show creators and
    hope that they make another show someday soon (not on NBC-fsckers!).

    having the original music is the clincher. man, the one scene with
    the geeks getting ready to fight with RENEGADE playing was sublime and
    the ending scene with COME SAIL AWAY playing was just magnificent.
    wouldn't have been the same without that music.

    i really wish f&g would've lasted a couple of seasons, but am so glad
    that this one season managed to find its way onto dvd.

    GO buy it or Kim Kelly will kick your ass...

    -goro-
    Goro, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Machina3317

    TonyAtRest Guest

    >Can both of you tell us how the shows look? Is it a good master? How is
    >the sound quality? Are you satisfied?

    The picture quality is amazing. I wish all television shows would have this
    kind of quality instead of trying to cram as many episodes as possible onto a
    disc. Curb Your Enthusiasm's picture quality sucks compared to Freaks and
    Geeks. X-Files is better than CYE but still not as good and F & G. It is the
    best box set I own.

    Tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976
    TonyAtRest, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Machina3317

    unclejr Guest

    (TonyAtRest) wrote...
    > The picture quality is amazing. I wish all television shows would have this
    > kind of quality instead of trying to cram as many episodes as possible onto a
    > disc. Curb Your Enthusiasm's picture quality sucks compared to Freaks and
    > Geeks. X-Files is better than CYE but still not as good and F & G. It is the
    > best box set I own.

    I've ordered it.

    Up to this point, Twin Peaks Season 1 (sans Pilot) is the finest TV
    tranfer to DVD that I've ever seen. If Freaks and Geeks compares to
    Twin Peaks, then it will truly be amazing.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Apr 9, 2004
  8. Machina3317

    Guest

    On 8 Apr 2004 21:05:42 -0700, (unclejr) wrote:

    > (TonyAtRest) wrote...
    >> The picture quality is amazing. I wish all television shows would have this
    >> kind of quality instead of trying to cram as many episodes as possible onto a
    >> disc. Curb Your Enthusiasm's picture quality sucks compared to Freaks and
    >> Geeks. X-Files is better than CYE but still not as good and F & G. It is the
    >> best box set I own.

    >I've ordered it.
    >
    >Up to this point, Twin Peaks Season 1 (sans Pilot) is the finest TV
    >tranfer to DVD that I've ever seen. If Freaks and Geeks compares to
    >Twin Peaks, then it will truly be amazing.
    >
    >-Junior

    Then you havent seen total recall 2070 japanese version of course
    , Apr 11, 2004
  9. Machina3317

    TonyAtRest Guest

    >Then you havent seen total recall 2070 japanese version of course

    That is a TV show?

    TonyAtRest, Apr 16, 2004