Re: Fraenkel Gallery -"Unphotographable"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DaveS, Jan 4, 2013.

  1. DaveS

    DaveS Guest

    On 1/3/2013 10:09 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > The Fraenkel Gallery in San Francisco is opening its current exhibit
    > "Unphotographable" I thought certain folks around here might be interested.
    >
    > Are you listening Peter?
    > < http://fraenkelgallery.com/exhibitions/the-unphotographable >

    Grr! The subject reminds me of my recent findings about photography in
    Italian galleries and museums:

    Florence: Accademia: (Michelangelo's David) no photos
    Museum of San Marco: (Fra Angelico) no photos
    Medici Chapels: no photos
    Uffuzi Gallery: (paintings by many great Italian artists) no photos

    Rome: Borghese Gallery: (Bernini's David, Appollo and Daphne): no photos
    Sistine Chapel: (Michelangelo's Creation): no photos

    I'm guessing that if they could enforce it, they would say no photos of
    the Colosseum.

    I can't imagine what they will realistically gain with such a policy.
    They will frustrate and anger a lot of tourists who want to take their
    own photos, and won't buy the expensive photo books and post cards anyway.

    Dave S.

    DaveS, Jan 4, 2013