Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mort, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. Mort

    Mort Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    > alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    > finished product.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    > mirrorless-camera

    Hi,

    Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
    correct link?

    Thanks.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Sep 19, 2012

  2. Mort

    nospam Guest

    In article <505a3a1b$0$9829$>, Mort <>
    wrote:

    > > I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    > > alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    > > finished product.
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    > > mirrorless-camera
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
    > correct link?

    the link is correct and works properly. the problem is with your pc,
    likely with the software you're using that can't handle split line
    urls. that's why angle bracket delimiters are a good thing.

    nospam, Sep 19, 2012

  3. Mort

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/19/2012 5:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <> said:
    >
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some
    >>> kind of
    >>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    >>> finished product.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    >>> mirrorless-camera
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
    >> correct link?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Mort Linder

    > As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
    > <
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-mirrorless-camera

    He did provide a link and reason to look at the link. I call that progress.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 20, 2012
  4. Mort

    Mort Guest

    Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <> said:
    >
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some
    >>> kind of
    >>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    >>> finished product.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    >>> mirrorless-camera
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
    >> correct link?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Mort Linder

    > As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
    > <
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-mirrorless-camera

    Hi,

    Your link worked nicely in my PC. Thanks a lot. I know nothing of
    fractured URLs, and am glad that they do not need a plaster cast.

    Regards,

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Sep 20, 2012
  5. Mort

    Wally Guest

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:54:31 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2012-09-19 14:33:17 -0700, Mort <> said:
    >
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>> I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    >>> alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    >>> finished product.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    >>> mirrorless-camera
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Your DP Review link does not exist, per my PC. May we please have the
    >> correct link?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Mort Linder

    >As usual it is a fractured Rich URL.
    ><
    >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-mirrorless-camera

    Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.The long-winded address
    becomes
    http://tinyurl.com/95shj9e

    Wally

    Wally, Sep 20, 2012
  6. Mort

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Wally
    <> wrote:

    > Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.

    wrong solution. there's no way to know where a tinyurl will take you.
    it could be a valid site or it could be something completely
    unexpected, such as porn or malware, which in some cases, could get
    someone fired.

    the proper solution is to use angle bracket delimiters and/or software
    that can handle multi-line urls.

    another option is select the entire url and copy/paste to the browser.
    the browser will stitch it back together.

    nospam, Sep 20, 2012
  7. Mort

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    > >> Use TinyURL (tinyurl.com) to shorten the URLs.

    > >wrong solution. there's no way to know where a tinyurl will take you.
    > >it could be a valid site or it could be something completely
    > >unexpected, such as porn or malware, which in some cases, could get
    > >someone fired.

    > It doesn't automatically follow. You can always give your recipients
    > confidence with a preview TinyURL.

    no you can't. there's no way to know whether it's legitimate or not.

    > >the proper solution is to use angle bracket delimiters and/or software
    > >that can handle multi-line urls.

    > Either that or use a news reader which doesn't wrap URLs.

    the problem is reassembling them, removing any spaces, line endings and
    any other illegal characters, which is why the delimiters are
    important.

    > >another option is select the entire url and copy/paste to the browser.
    > >the browser will stitch it back together.

    > Not all seem to.

    time to switch to one that isn't broken.

    nospam, Sep 21, 2012