Re: Fotokina from the dullness of Canon to this!!?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Ciszek, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:
    >I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    >alien. Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    >finished product.
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    >mirrorless-camera

    So, is this camera supposed to be any better than the Sony NEX-7, or
    is it one of those "I paid too much for this just to show that I can"
    type of items?

    Paul Ciszek, Sep 19, 2012

  2. Paul Ciszek

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 19, 10:20 am, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Rich  <> wrote:
    > >I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    > >alien.  Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    > >finished product.

    > >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    > >mirrorless-camera

    > So, is this camera supposed to be any better than the Sony NEX-7, or
    > is it one of those "I paid too much for this just to show that I can"
    > type of items?

    Hey, it's cheaper than the new M9! :) I also think Sony's new FF
    ($2800) P&S will suffer from overheating problems.
    RichA, Sep 19, 2012

  3. Paul Ciszek

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >On Sep 19, 10:20 am, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >>
    >> Rich  <> wrote:
    >> >I like the guy's comment about the hangrip being designed for some kind of
    >> >alien.  Still, I doubt those poor renderings are going to be like the
    >> >finished product.

    >> >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/18/hasselblad-launches-lunar-
    >> >mirrorless-camera

    >> So, is this camera supposed to be any better than the Sony NEX-7, or
    >> is it one of those "I paid too much for this just to show that I can"
    >> type of items?
    >>

    >Hey, it's cheaper than the new M9! :) I also think Sony's new FF
    >($2800) P&S will suffer from overheating problems.

    The Lunar is merely a Sony NEX-7 dressed up in a quality finish. It
    will sell at a ludicrously high price compared with the NEX-7 but its
    performance will be the same.

    I wonder why Canon didn't offer Hasselblad the full-frame NEX-9 as a
    basis for the Lunar instead.
    Bruce, Sep 22, 2012
  4. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Bruce <> wrote:
    >RichA <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sep 19, 10:20 am, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    >>>
    >>> So, is this camera supposed to be any better than the Sony NEX-7, or
    >>> is it one of those "I paid too much for this just to show that I can"
    >>> type of items?

    >>Hey, it's cheaper than the new M9! :) I also think Sony's new FF
    >>($2800) P&S will suffer from overheating problems.

    >The Lunar is merely a Sony NEX-7 dressed up in a quality finish. It
    >will sell at a ludicrously high price compared with the NEX-7 but its
    >performance will be the same.

    So, it sounds like the answer to my questions is that it is one of
    those "I paid too much for this just to show that I can" items.

    >I wonder why Canon didn't offer Hasselblad the full-frame NEX-9 as a
    >basis for the Lunar instead.

    What is the connection, if any, between these two NEX cameras sold
    by different manufacturers? In NEX a standard?

    Paul Ciszek, Sep 23, 2012